What's up in February?

Lilywhite

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 inches.  That's what we got.  It's unbelievable.  And there's nowhere to put it.  My street was finally passable a couple days later, but as of yesterday many weren't.  I finally made it to work today, late.  We didn't lose power; actually, the amount of people that did lose power was pretty low compared to Hurricane Sandy and the freak snow storm in October 2011.  If any of you are interested there's pics on FB.  Oh, there's more snow predicted for Wednesday evening, a few inches I think, and Saturday night.  Joy.  Is it Spring yet??

Where are they putting al the snow from the parking lots?

We have had lovely warm (for this time of year) weather these past few days, so I am making the most of my day off. I am off to Lundy for 11 nights on Monday (driving down to Barnstaple on Sunday), so hope it lasts. I am just about to log on to Amazon to go book shopping so I have something to read - I have £30 worth of vouchers to make use of, so I should be able to get something with them. :readingtwo:    

Apparently the weather is meant to stay good until the beginning of the week according to my teacher but don't quote me on it! xD

Finally half term. I can lie-in everyday for the next week!

I am off to Lundy via Barnstaple later on then today. Most of my stuff has been packed, with the usual struggle to keep it within the 10 kg weight limit (thank goodness for my Kindle as otherwise it would have weighed a lot more). I am thankful also that they allow me to take wheat free food in a seperate bag without that having to be weighed, as otherwise it would cost a fortune, not to mention being extremely uncomfortable and smelly ! :giggle2:   I have downloaded six books to keep me company, so if the weather does turn bad I won't get bored - with my new Kindle gloves  though, if it stays nice I will be able to read outdoors as well.   

Have a wonderful time June. I hope the weather stays lovely for you. :smile:

A quiet weekend here. The last bits of my cold are lingering, but today I must get all my houseworky things done ready for next week. Therefore later today the washing machine will be whirring and the iron will be steaming. I had better get my ironing movie ready - that will make it feel less of a chore.

The weather here is about to get bad again. My dad came up to visit for the weekend (he's a 5 1/2 hour drive away) and had to cut the trip a day and a half short because this morning they announced a blizzard warning for tonight and tomorrow. The roads have already gotten bad for him so I'm hoping he makes it home okay. 

Right now nothing sounds better than a relaxing trip to somewhere tropical with a lush spa and cocktails full of fruit chunks (all expenses paid, of course!)

I want to watch a film, but I'm feeling tired so I can't ><. Maybe I can do so in a few days or something.

At least the weather is being a bit better, yesterday we had some lovely sunshine. Today it's a little bit rainy and quite cloudy but the temperature is quite good, I think it's about 5C. There's not much wind atm, so it doesn't feel very cold.

My university work is going allright, though I'm a little bit stuck.

Its still freezing cold here but I'm debating getting out of the apartment for a little while, even if just for a coffee and drive around town. Now that I 'work from home' I'm always itching for an excuse to get out for a little bit.  

Woke up to no hot water. Boiler is broken, so now I have to wait for British Gas. I hate not having a shower in the morning, but at least I get a day off work. I think I'll go make some scrambled eggs for brekkie instead of my usual 'brekkie on the run'.

Meeting tomorrow with the director of my department to find out whether or not he's found a way to loophole me in for another 9 month contract. Due to public sector cuts there's an embargo on hiring new staff, so I can't be hired directly, but he's trying to find another way to contract me as the money is there and he, among others, knows the work is there for me too.

Fingers crossed. If he hasn't managed anything, I'm out of a job in two weeks time. Which isn't the end of the world, but I love this current job and don't want to leave.

I'm having to sit indoors all day, even though I wanted to go to town, because my Mum ordered  a new kettle from Next. Ours works fine but it short-circuits itself (I'm guessing) and cuts out the boiling process mere seconds before it really should. So it's a bit faulty. Let me see if I can find the kettle we're getting: http://www.next.co.uk/x513342s1#134258x51 or http://www.next.co.uk/x511322s1#778454x51

Basically, we've got a ceramic kettle. Something I'm a bit hesitant about as I'm quite clumsy. I've dropped our sugar jar before and one of our bowls that had just been washed up. I don't think she'd be impressed if this got dropped. xD

I've spent the morning clearing out our shed - parts haven't seen the light in over twenty years! :o I stopped for a trip to the local tip just at the point where I would have to tackle the creepiest / spideriest corner. Hubby has promised to help sort out that corner over the weekend. :smile:

I am filthy and achey, so am now enjoing a well earned cup of tea before I head off to clean up.

Ah Chrissy - I spent the day cleaning too.

Feels good! Seems to have removed a few cobwebs from my head as well :)

Enjoy your tea - I'm just settling down with mine  :friends3:

Edited by bree