How many of you buy more than you read?

Michelle

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have like 2 books on a pile to read but will probably take awhile to read them as I have books on my Kobo I want to get round to. And the books on a pile are classics which I'm only reading as I'm doing literature at Uni next year. Hopefully I do get into them though and start reading them more. I do tend to get a heap of books every so often especially if I find books I like that my family is reading and then I nab them once they have read them. I generally am quite good with not getting a massive TBR pile.

:D I gotta show off when I still can :giggle: Nobody knows what will happen in the future... :hide:

Un-bought books will start invading your dreams! :giggle2:

Guilty as charged too! I buy far too many more than I can read. I wish I had four pairs of eyes! :blush2: I also blame the Kindle Daily Deal I mean how can you resist some of them at 99p each. I don't see myself cutting back though.

I recently got a Kindle and am finding the "daily deal" the most difficult of all to resist! Even if I had not up until now thought of reading it, what if I pass by a Daily Deal and subsequently decide I did want to read it after all? Eeeek!

I recently got a Kindle and am finding the "daily deal" the most difficult of all to resist! Even if I had not up until now thought of reading it, what if I pass by a Daily Deal and subsequently decide I did want to read it after all? Eeeek!

Just pay a bit more! But how many of those are there likely to be in comparison to buying up all those you don't want to read. You'll probably find it cheaper in the long term to pay a bit more for a book, but definitely read it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have always had the TBR list growth as a problem, long before I started on this forum.  But I can see how there is a lot of potential for quicker growth of this through the fantastic recommendations I get here.   Though I also see it as saving money in a way, I will buy now more considered choices that I have seen discussed here as opposed to taking more random risks. 

I always have to have more books than I can read.  I like having the choice of texts to chose from.  I like having the knowledge there are books I am looking forward to and that I have the choice even amongst those. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm slightly obsessed with buying books and could definitely do with joining some kind of support group.

I've lost count of how many books I've bought over the last few years alone, but one thing I can say is that the majority of them are still waiting for me to read.

My TBR pile is HUGE at the moment - I've just checked and it's currently sitting at 881 books - so my goal for the rest of this year is to concentrate solely on bringing that number down, which means I definitely can't buy any more!

I'm also going to make more of an effort to read some of the books that have been on that list for many, many years!

I'm slightly obsessed with buying books and could definitely do with joining some kind of support group.

I've lost count of how many books I've bought over the last few years alone, but one thing I can say is that the majority of them are still waiting for me to read.

My TBR pile is HUGE at the moment - I've just checked and it's currently sitting at 881 books - so my goal for the rest of this year is to concentrate solely on bringing that number down, which means I definitely can't buy any more!

I'm also going to make more of an effort to read some of the books that have been on that list for many, many years!

The only kind of support group we can provide on this forum will encourage you to buy more books, not less! :lol:  My TBR has never been quite that big, but I did set myself a challenge to reduce it to nothing last year, and actually achieved it, and joking aside, this forum definitely helped.  Knowing I could come on here and receive encouragement, and that as my TBR dwindled, there were people who were genuinely rooting for me to achieve my goal was fantastic.  If you ever wanted to set yourself a book challenge, then here's one place you'll get support.  All I can say for me, is that it took a lot of willpower but was very rewarding as some of the books I been putting off reading for years ended up being some of the best books I've ever read - that was what kept me going through the tough times when I wanted to indulge in new books.

I spend a lot of time browsing Amazon for books and kindle books. To the point where I've downloaded books to my kindle and forgotten what they're about before I went to read them, then had to look up Amazon again to read the blurb! I guess you could definitely say I have a problem! :blush2: