Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

I have Un Lun Dun on my wishlist. Someone on here mentioned it a couple of months ago and I thought it sounded so fantastically intriguing!

That is amazing! I am glad I picked it up now. When I am done I am more than happy to send it forward. :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm almost halfway through A Game Of Thrones but because of multiple seizures, I've slowed back down again :(

I got some more shelves to hold more of my non fiction books, which had begun overflowing the one shelf I had originally.   :blush2:

Will try and take a photo tomorrow, currently I am in bed on my partners laptop, typing to you all.

I am so behind on everyone's reading threads, so I have only just seen this:

Pack of Thieves? 52 Port Arthur Lives - Hamish Maxwell-Stewart & Susan Hood

Wow! I thought I was the only person in the world who had this book! I bought it from Port Arthur quite a few years ago when I visited there. The book came with a deck of 52 cards as well. I guess each card represents a convict, but I can't remember how the cards are connected to the book (I think it's just a gimmick). I'll have to dig those cards out and have a look at them. For some reason my copy of this book is tucked away in a box somewhere.

You've certainly received some interesting book hauls recently! Good stuff and great bargains! :D I hope you enjoy your upcoming holiday (may I ask which state you're going to?) and that your health is as good as it can possibly be *hugs*.

Awww, I hope you don't have too many seizures in the future :(!

I'd love to see a photo :).

Hope your feeling better soon Devi  :flowers2:

Hope you improve soon Devi and are able to spend more time reading. :)

Thank you all. I'm having an eeg on monday to confirm diagnosis so I can go on the right medication. 

I am so behind on everyone's reading threads, so I have only just seen this:Wow! I thought I was the only person in the world who had this book! I bought it from Port Arthur quite a few years ago when I visited there. The book came with a deck of 52 cards as well. I guess each card represents a convict, but I can't remember how the cards are connected to the book (I think it's just a gimmick). I'll have to dig those cards out and have a look at them. For some reason my copy of this book is tucked away in a box somewhere.

You've certainly received some interesting book hauls recently! Good stuff and great bargains! :D I hope you enjoy your upcoming holiday (may I ask which state you're going to?) and that your health is as good as it can possibly be *hugs*.

I found it on the ladies shelf and thought it looked rather interesting! The deck of cards would of been cool - the title makes more sense now too.

I'm off to QLD, we are planning on going whale watching!!! I am so super excited for it. .

These are some of the other books I kept from my recent book fairy that I posted about a page or two ago. They had a fair bit of fantasy, five books of the wheel of time series - which one of was signed. 

The Reality Dysfunction - Peter F. Hamilton

The Complete Chronicles of the Crystal Singers of Ballybran - Anne McCaffrey

Galilee - Clive Barker

Line of Polity - Neal Asher

The Last Theorem - Arthur C. Clarke & Frederik Pohl

The Redemption of Althalus - David and Leigh Eddings 

Portent - James Herbert

Moon - James Herbert

The Obernewtyn Chronicles

Obernewtyn - book 1

Ashling - book 3

Keeping Place - book 4

These are some of the other books I kept from my recent book fairy that I posted about a page or two ago. They had a fair bit of fantasy, five books of the wheel of time series - which one of was signed.

x

That's exciting! I don't own any signed books.. *envies*

Here's my comments to some of your titles:

The Reality Dysfunction - Peter F. Hamilton - Absolutely loved this series (5 out of 5 stars), I recommend getting the other two too if you like this one, so that you can continue the story.

The Complete Chronicles of the Crystal Singers of Ballybran - Anne McCaffrey - I have the book on my shelf but haven't read it yet.

Line of Polity - Neal Asher - I have the book on my shelf but not read any of the series yet.

The Last Theorem - Arthur C. Clarke & Frederik Pohl - I believe this may be on my wishlist but I could be wrong.

The Redemption of Althalus - David and Leigh Eddings  - I liked this book and gave it 4 out of 5 stars.

Devi

Your new bookshelf looks very nice . 

I hope you are feeling better today .

The whale-watching trip sounds like so much fun . That'd be exciting . Last time we went to the beach ( a L O N G  time ago ), we saw lots of dolphins ,but no whales . I think the beach is the best vacation place ever . Love watching the waves. So peaceful ,isn't it ?

i came on to post about something when I had a seizure. Hopefully it comes back to me soon.

Thanks Julie, I've always had a thing for whales and wolves - odd combo right. :giggle2:

Thanks Athena, and it sounds like I kept all the right books then :)

Edited by Devi

Devi

It's ok if you like whales and wolves. They really wouldn't be in the same territory ,but they are both types of animals, so you are an animal lover .   :)

Take it easy today and rest  --

I have Un Lun Dun on my wishlist. Someone on here mentioned it a couple of months ago and I thought it sounded so fantastically intriguing!

That may have been me bobbs :blush2: It's definitely intriguing .. I struggled a bit to hang on but eventually it all fell into place. Hope you enjoy it Devi .. and you too bobbs if you decide to read it :)

Love the bookshelves Devi :)  

The Reality Dysfunction - Peter F. Hamilton - Absolutely loved this series (5 out of 5 stars), I recommend getting the other two too if you like this one, so that you can continue the story.

Second this BIG time :yes::D

I remembered what I was going to do when I had the seizure the other day.

I also have updated my have read, books to be read, series to be read and series to check out lists.

Here is a few more books I got given to me, and bought on an op shop/book barn spree over a few weeks. Its only so big because its taken me so long to type it up.    :blush2:  Don't judge me!  :giggle2:

Fairytales for Wilde Girls - Allyse Near (a 23 year old local woman wrote this book, her first. I felt I should support her and bought a copy.)

The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafron (paperback to replace hardback, easier to hold)

The Prisoner of Heaven - Carlos Ruiz Zafron

Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel (about time right?)

Electrified Sheep - Alex Boese

Blood Secrets - Rod Englert with Kathy Passero Forward by Ann Rule 

Alone In Berlin - Hans Fallada

Marathon Man - William Goldman

A Song Of Arbonne - Guy Gavriel Kay

Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier

Robopocalypse - Daniel H. Wilson

Dexter Is Delicious - Jeff Lindsay

The Darkest Evening of the Year - Dean Koontz

Inversions - Iain M. Banks

Rebel - Bernard Cornwell

Sharpe's Escape - Bernard Cornwell

The Farseekers - Isobelle Carmody - The Obernewtyn Chronicles (book two)

The Magic Cottage - James Herbert

Fluke - James Herbert

The Dark - James Herbert

Body of Evidence - Patricia Cornwell

The Body Farm - Patricia Cornwell

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Ingenious Pain - Andrew Miller

Dissolution - C.J. Sansom

Suite Francaise - Irene Nemirovsky

The Joy Luck Club - Amy Tan

Sellevision - Augusten Burroughs

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - Rachel Joyce

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig

The Liar - Stephen Fry

Stalingrad - Antony Beevor

The Redbreast - Jo Nesbo

The Planet of Adventure Omnibus - Jack Vance
* City of Chasch * servants of the fiddleh * The Dirdir * The Pnume

Regarding Dexter Is Delicious, can I read them in any order or is it a series?

Edited by Devi

Ooh, nice shelves. :D

Hope you enjoy the Amy Tan book, she`s one of my favourite authors. :smile:

I don`t know if anyone else has suggested it, but have you tried The Book Depository for cheaper books ? They deliver worldwide, and I`ve used them a few times to send books as presents to an old Uni friend in Australia.

Hope you feel better soon. :D

Pretty proud of myself tonight, managed to read 70 odd pages of Game of Thrones tonight. :D

I have my eeg tomorrow. Kind of dreading it, I don't like the idea of being made to have a seizure on purpose. :(

Edited by Devi

I'm now home and about to shower to wash out the gel from the cap. What we know so far is that there is signs of seizure activity, and I have a dead part on the back right side of my brain - meaning no signals were coming back. :(

I then went on a book shopping spree to cheer me up somewhat. List coming after i shower.

Edited by Devi