Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Devi

Congrats on your first 2 book buys of the year. They have beautiful covers.  I hope you enjoy them   :)

Have to agree ~ gorgeous covers. :yes:

I keep meaning to try Robin Hobb, and in fact have her Soldier Son Trilogy waiting on my kindle.  

Gorgeous new books Devi! :D

Yeah, they are lovely covers  :smile:   I like the latest covers of Feist's 'Riftwar Saga', too - they follow the same style as the one you have there  :smile:

attachicon.gifMagician.jpg

They're gorgeous, aren't they? I'm almost tempted to re-buy my older ones so that they all match! :giggle2:

Devi

Congrats on your first 2 book buys of the year. They have beautiful covers. I hope you enjoy them

Thanks. I do love the covers too.

Have to agree ~ gorgeous covers. :yes:

I keep meaning to try Robin Hobb, and in fact have her Soldier Son Trilogy waiting on my kindle.

I've read them, and they are good, but her assassins apprentice trilogy is better in my humble opinion. :)

Look forward to hearing what you think when you get to them.

Congrats on the new books! Great covers too. I haven't heard of the Robin Hobb title, is it a new one? That's exciting :). I must look both of them up at some point!

Yep! A new book. I had purchased a signed limited editon awhile back. Not sure if you remember or not. I took it out of its plastic once to photograph it, and never touched it again. I treasure it and wont let anyone else hold it etc. :giggle2: if you can't remember I will take photos for you. :)

Yeah, they are lovely covers :smile: I like the latest covers of Feist's 'Riftwar Saga', too - they follow the same style as the one you have there :smile:

attachicon.gifMagician.jpg

Gorgeous new books Devi! :D

They're gorgeous, aren't they? I'm almost tempted to re-buy my older ones so that they all match! :giggle2:

Oh don't tempt me you two! :giggle2: That cover is far better than the one I have for my current magician copy. Edited by Devi

Oh don't tempt me you two! :giggle2: That cover is far better than the one I have for my current magician copy.

It's so tempting, isn't it? :giggle2: Which cover do you have? 

I have this one:

300986.jpg

It's not the best one out there, I'm sure you'll agree. :giggle2:

Edited by Signor Finzione

It's so tempting, isn't it? :giggle2: Which cover do you have?

I have this one:

300986.jpg

It's not the best one out there, I'm sure you'll agree. :giggle2:

This is my copy, a little worn with multiple reads from me and one read from my partner. A much loved book, this is what started it nine years ago for me. All from a friends recommendation too. R.E.F.s name was embossed in gold but that has worn out, but i quite like it that way.

b2edd1e8270d52f101b58c181ef48071_zpsdd60

Edited by Devi

I've done that..... :blush2:

They are good looking covers, Devi. :D

Thank you!

I must admit, I did get the better looking covers for the last two of the R.E.F. saga I am reading. I don't know what i will do with the doubles yet. :blush:

Edited by Devi

I just found this book and couldn't resist! Such a beautiful book, coloured pictures and all. Will take some pics of the inside.

e57783bbf6bf5a69d6f491db9b18e160_zpsfb7b

^^ That's gorgeous :wub:

This is my copy, a little worn with multiple reads from me and one read from my partner. A much loved book, this is what started it nine years ago for me. All from a friends recommendation too. R.E.F.s name was embossed in gold but that has worn out, but i quite like it that way.

b2edd1e8270d52f101b58c181ef48071_zpsdd60

Never seen that one before  :smile:   This is mine:

post-6588-0-86113300-1390731542_thumb.jpg

I'm tempted to replace it with the new version - it might prompt me to get beyond Silverthorn.  Although he's written so many books I think, if I ever do read any further, it'll be on Kindle :shrug:

^^ That's gorgeous :wub:

Never seen that one before :smile: This is mine:

attachicon.gifMagician_ukpb_cover.jpg

I'm tempted to replace it with the new version - it might prompt me to get beyond Silverthorn. Although he's written so many books I think, if I ever do read any further, it'll be on Kindle :shrug:

I do love your cover better.

I wouldn't blame you, my R.E.F. books take up one whole set of three tier shelves. Some are even on top of the books themselves. This was all pre kindle days though, and I doubt I could ever part with them.

Edited by Devi

I love how well-loved your copy of Magician is! And I'm SO jealous of you owning the Midkemia book - I mope over it every time I go in Waterstones, and will buy it someday too. :D

I'm tempted to replace it with the new version - it might prompt me to get beyond Silverthorn.  Although he's written so many books I think, if I ever do read any further, it'll be on Kindle :shrug:

Empire trilogy! Empire trilogy! EMPIRE TRILOGY! :giggle2:

I love how well-loved your copy of Magician is! And I'm SO jealous of you owning the Midkemia book - I mope over it every time I go in Waterstones, and will buy it someday too. :D

Empire trilogy! Empire trilogy! EMPIRE TRILOGY! :giggle2:

Agreed! Read the riftwar trilogy followed by the empire trilogy and you could really leave it at that if you didn't want to read the lot.

Problem is, I didn't like Silverthorn at all :( Maybe I'll have another go at some point :smile:

I wasn't keen on it myself either, but I figure an author gets their up and down books.

Edited by Devi

I wasn't keen on it myself either, but I figure an author gets their up and down books.

Oh yes, definitely - I just feel I that I want to get through the first trilogy before reading the Empire trilogy, so that would mean reading Magician again (cos it's years since I read it) and then trying Silverthorn again, and hopefully not disliking it so much second time through  :smile:

Wow, that's a stunning book, Devi! And great to see your Magician's cover. Mine is a paperback which is mainly gold. I quite like it.attachicon.gifRaymondEFeistMagicianCover.jpg

Oh yes, i almost got this cover when I saw it. Don't remember why I didn't in the end...

Well, today is officially my 2 year anniversary on this amazing forum. Can I just say that I have never found such a good bunch of people, you are all kind and very friendly. This and my gaming forum have been the only two places that have kept me coming back month after month. What's best is there is no hatred towards one another, no trolling and no swearing - which deter me from other forums.

Here is to another great year ahead. :)

Thank you for having me here everyone.