What's up in December?

Kell

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After more than a mont of waiitng, I got home from work to finally find that my CRB had come through. I rang the new job then straight away and have confirmed a starting date of 21st January, allowing for one months notice. Tonights task then is to write my letter of resignation. I am both happy and sad at the same time - happy to know that the waiting is finally over and I can start to move on and let it all go, but sad for all those lovely residents whom I know I shall miss. One of them actually said that she missed me over the weekend. :empathy: I know though that the residents at the new place will be equally lovely once I settle in.

Edited by Talisman

Xan and I are off to see a panto this afternoon

And every single blokes . . .

Why is that?

I think he was having a go at Panto - ROFLMAO! I have no idea why though - Panto is fabulous! :)

Is it typically a thing that women go to? Because if it is, surely it would be a great place for single men to go!

Panto is usually a family affair...

Very excited here, picking Robbie up from school in an hour then we'll be straight off to the airport to pick up Steve as he's home for Christmas, yay!!! :) :) :)

Went to the closest town here, and had a wonderful day of shopping.

Picked up lots of little things for the little one.

Also bought some kite-making stuff - will hopefully make a nice, big one today.

Wonderful winds here - and I can just imagine how well it would fly!

Very excited here, picking Robbie up from school in an hour then we'll be straight off to the airport to pick up Steve as he's home for Christmas, yay!!! :) :) :)

Very happy for you chaliepud - sounds like a perfect Christmas for your family :friends3:

Second last day at work, and I'm trying to lay out a huge list of Jan-Mar student workshops, in tables, in a Word document.

I'm going to cry and/or scream and/or kill somebody if Word DOESN'T JUST START WORKING!!

I think he was having a go at Panto - ROFLMAO! I have no idea why though - Panto is fabulous! :)

Not if you are a miserable misanthrope who hates audience participation . . .

Is it typically a thing that women go to? Because if it is, surely it would be a great place for single men to go!

^ A room full of screaming kids, sing-along’s and casual transvestitism is not my idea of a good night out!

I feel your pain, Noll. :empathy: I'm pretty good with Word, but there are some things that continually give me so much grief!

^ A room full of screaming kids, sing-along’s and casual transvestitism is not my idea of a good night out!

Mine neither!

Love your children and let them know you love them.

Newtown, Conn is a very small town with a population of around 2000 people. Now, the town is minus 20 children.

One teacher in the school heard shooting and took her 15 first grade students into a bathroom and barricaded the door. She said the children were being very good and keeping quiet. Some children asked if they could go out and see what was happening, another stated that he only wanted Christmas and that he didn't want to die. I only want Christmas he stated. I cry just thinking of what the children have gone through. Twenty children that will not have the chance to live their lives. Pray for their families.

I hope you don't mind my post, but the population is actually about 27,000. Newtown is about 20 miles west of me. Last night we (my town I mean) had a vigil on the green for the principal, Dawn Hochsprung, who is originally from Naugatuck (where I am) she was a graduate of Naugatuck High School....my daughter said they have some lovely tributes to her at the school (my daughter goes there now). Most of the teachers that died were in some way protecting the kids by either shielding them or literally trying to lunge at the shooter (as in the case of the principal and another staff member)

here is our local news station....there coverage has been pretty good www.wtnh.com (hope it's ok to add the link)

Thanks Sofia. You must be having shock waves from it all being so close to it. He seemed fairly nomal, under the radar kind of guy.

Link didn't work by the way.

Edited by vodkafan

Thanks Sofia. You must be having shock waves from it all being so close to it. He seemed fairly nomal, under the radar kind of guy.

Link didn't work by the way.

it's very surreal around here....literally reminders everywhere you go.

Yeah, sorry about the link, I couldn't figure it out properly, probably just easier to C&P it

I hope you don't mind my post, but the population is actually about 27,000. Newtown is about 20 miles west of me. Last night we (my town I mean) had a vigil on the green for the principal, Dawn Hochsprung, who is originally from Naugatuck (where I am) she was a graduate of Naugatuck High School....my daughter said they have some lovely tributes to her at the school (my daughter goes there now). Most of the teachers that died were in some way protecting the kids by either shielding them or literally trying to lunge at the shooter (as in the case of the principal and another staff member)

here is our local news station....there coverage has been pretty good www.wtnh.com (hope it's ok to add the link)

Thanks Sofia for the info. I can imagine what it is like in your neck of the woods.

I have finished work now until Christmas Eve. Because I am working every day next week, Coran and I are going to celebrate it this weekend instead. We are off to Stonehenge tomorrow via Avebury and then on to Glastonbury on Friday 21st - well, if the world is about to end, I don't spend my last hours at work, even if I know that I am now leaving ! It should though be a good few days.

Sorry to hear that muggle not :( sympathy to you and your families.

Edited by Devi

A funeral on Saturday. My wife's brother in-law died last night. We will make the drive on Friday, it is a 415 mile drive for us.

Sorry to here that muggle-not.

Thinking of you and your family.

There were loads of women there alone with their kids. I was one of them, but as I'm married... ;)

There were loads of groups there too - special needs, senior citizens, Sunday school groups, etc. Schools often go as a special trip too. It's great fun! :)

^ The good news would be you won't have to pay the bill; the bad news is you will be running from the zombie horde so taking pictures won't be a high priority.

Raven, as always, I love how you think. I almost snorted coffee out my nose all over my keyboard - LOL!

A funeral on Saturday. My wife's brother in-law died last night. We will make the drive on Friday, it is a 415 mile drive for us.

I'm so sorry. Your family are in my thougts. It's always sad to lose a loved one, but so close to Christmas makes it seem somehow worse. :(

Hopefully reading all those zombie novels payed off! :giggle2:

Edited by Devi