What's up in November?

Lilywhite

Thanks Chrissy. :friends0: I am feeling a lot better after a few hours sleep. To be honest, I think it was just sheer exhaustion that was making me feel that way. A couple of days off will no doubt do wonders to replenish my energy levels.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote one of my favourite pieces of the Desiderata

"Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness."

Getting a good nights sleep and following it up with some quiet days can really make a difference to one's spirit.

At the moment it is all just too overhwhelming. The combination of a week from hell at work, and the 13th anniversary of my Mum's death has proven just a ltitle too much. After a sleepless night tossing and turning, I was far too exhausted to go to work today, so am having a quiet day at home before my weekend off. Those cracks then are about to get a bit wider ...

You've been dealing with so much at this job for so long now, you really derserve some quiet time to practice some self-care. :friends0:

We've just had a tummy bug go through the house thanks to the kids dad. My son nearly ended up in hospital on Thursday because of it. He has diabetes and tummy bugs are bad news with that. Their dad was sick last weekend, then had kids Monday and Tuesday. Didn't tell me he'd been sick. :banghead: We're still struggling to keep P's blood sugars from going too low, and could still end up in hospital, but his dad just says 'Everyone gets bugs, it's no big deal.' He doesn't get that it is. Sorry for the rant, I'm just really p'ed off.

Hope the time till your new job starts goes quick Talisman.

Today I did something very interesting, and a little strange... Was inspired by one of the morning shows where a guy talking about coming out as a homosexual to his parents, and their reactions etc.

So I decided to try my best to convince my parents that I am gay. I haven't been in a serious relationship, so it wasn't too difficult actually! They believed it. (That surprised me!) ---- What I wanted to know from this experiment was if they would be ok with me being gay. Would they accept it or would they have some problem with it? I was very pleased. They were really supportive and said it was totally fine with them, that I am still their daughter etc etc.

And then I said it was a joke to see their reactions. They laughed -- I know my parents well enough to know they can take a joke.

It was an interesting day. I appreciate my parents even more now than I already did.

You've been dealing with so much at this job for so long now, you really derserve some quiet time to practice some self-care. :friends0:

Thankfully I got it yesterday and have another 2 days off now, as it's my weekend off. Even though the CRB has still not materalised, I know that it could be any time now, and once it does, I will be gone within a month, so that means another 6 weeks probably at the most. Having said that, 6 weeks still seems like eternity when it has been as bad as it has.

I have always served as a bit of catalyst in the jobs I have had, so it is interesting now I am starting to make my voice heard a little louder, to see others doing the same. Our maintenance man is rapidly reaching the same point, as is the head chef, and one of the other housekeepers. If any one of them leaves (ley alone all three) then all hell really will break loose, not that I will be there to see it. The Director though has only himself to blame - he thinks that I am some stupid cleaner who doesn't see things or understand, but I see and hear everything loud and clear and understand far more than he could ever know.

Coran and I have a quiet day planned anyway. We are going to the cemetry later on to put some flowers on Mum's grave (it was 13 years yesterday since she passed away), and will go for a nice walk across the Downs and back to the catering van for a cuppa. It's cold but I will be nice and cosy in my winter walking trousers and Merino T shirt - I hope to get some more trousers later on courtesy of E-bay !