What's up in November?

Lilywhite

2 days off, today and tomorrow. Coran and I have just been out for lunch at one our favourite restaurants and we are just about to sit down and watch the Olympic DVD with a big bowl of chocolate buttons and a big fluffy duvet. :smile:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, who left those cookies on the table........me thinks that Abby delicious has been about............yippee! :flowers2: Hello there girly girl! How's things?

A good day today for me. Husband has been very unwell this week and has grumily been snoozing and mooching at home.He doesn't do 'ill', and it's been 5 years since he last took sick leave, and that was for a blood clot! He is feeling much better now , and is much better company to be in, bless him. ;)

There is ironing and vacuuming to be done, but I may leave that until Monday when he has headed back to work. :D

*ears perk*

Cookies? :D Things are stressful, but life goes on. That's what books are for. :)

Glad the hubby is feeling better! xoxoxox

Had a busy few days again, been to see Breaking Dawn part 2, went out for a meal and today im off into town to see if i can get myself an ipad :D

Sounds like you're have a good few days then. ;) Always good to treat yourself every now and again, especially if you're busy. :)

I've been Christmas shopping this morning, and I've been pretty successful if I do say so myself. I think I've pretty much nailed the bulk of it now, just the best part left - the book buying! I'm going to indulge in some serious book shop meandering and pondering time next week, and hopefully, I'll have done the shopping and will have time to spend on baking after that. :smile2:

Not such a good time for myself and our town. One of the young ladies here went missing about 10 days ago, and yesterday it looks like they found her body in a house, homicide are investigating :(

Even though I only knew her briefly, it has still hit me hard, not as hard as it must have her family. She was only 22.

Edited by Devi

Great news Muggle ! I am still waiting for my CRB and hoping that it won't be long, as I can't hand in my notice until then, and so feel like I am in limbo. Our Manager has now offiicially left, and the new one starts tomorrow - I wonder how long it will be before she sees the Director's true colours and follows mine and her predecessors example.

As I had Thursday and Friday off last week I had to say my goodbyes on Wednesday. I surprised the former Manager with a copy of my book, knowing that like me she is holistic and spiritually minded. She will then be a great loss to the home. We have exchanged email addresses and phone numbers and hope to stay in touch. She texted the other day to say that she is enjoying the book very much and 2 weeks off before starting her own new job. I have never managed to be friends with a (admittedly former) Manager outside of work before, so this will be a new experience for me !

I went to a one man production of A Christmas Carol last night, it was lovely! He's from the RSC, his name is Clive Francis and has been touring the show on and off for years in the UK, so I don't know if any of you know it/have seen it. It was brilliant! I'll admit I had reservations about it before going in, but I'm so glad that I went! Thoroughly enjoyable, and he got a standing ovation at the end which was lovely.

Nobody's posted since me! :o

I nearly slept in today. Somehow - and I have no idea how - my phone, which I use as an alarm (it vibrates, which terrifies me every morning when it resonates through the entire mattress, very effective) somehow ended up not just on the floor (which I could put down to falling off the edge during the night) but about a foot away from my bed. It did not wake me up, though I suspect the vibration going through the floor for the best part of ten minutes before the alarm deactivated itself probably wasn't very pleasant for my downstairs neighbours.

I woke up at 8am, meant to be in work at 8:30, and it's a 20 minute walk away. I've never gotten ready so fast in my life!

I know what you mean Brian - I have to get up at 5.55am for my job and am permanently tired - I sometimes feel that I could sleep for a whole month. That will be one of the best things about my new job, the fact that is a much later start and finish (no more going out in the afternoons spending money on tea and cakes, and no more watching crap on TV when the weather's bad either).

Coran and I went out for tea and cake this afternoon as it happens, and thought of an interesting acronym for my soon to be ex boss (he doesn't yet know that is facing eviction) - Annally Retentive Supervisory Executive ! He does after all spend most of his time talking out of the body part that represents the first word !

Edited by Talisman

I've not been very well again :( I've had a cyst on my leg and it was so painful I couldn't actually move without being in agony! Thankfully its now getting better and it's almost back to normal. I haven't been able to read anything or do much so I'm hoping that now in feeling better my mojo will return.

I've now figured out how to use my iPad properly and I don't see myself needing a computer for the moment!

I've been having the worst run of luck with my health the last few months! At the moment it's a particularly nasty chest infection and glandular fever. I've had about 10 hours sleep total over the last week or so - and three of those hours were this afternoon when I pretty much passed out comatose on the sofa!

Xan isn't particularly well either - he is full of the cold, poor wee lamb, but he's being a brave wee soldier.

So, I have had to take this week off work (I stupidly kept going in all last week which, although appreciated by my boss, wasn't appreciated by my poor ill body and probably contributed to me being so bad now). As a result of the glandular fever, I've had to tell the primary school that I cannot volunteer with the P1 class again until after the Xmas hols, which sucks.

I really need to start wrapping Xmas prezzies soon as in the later half of next week I'll be heading down home on the train to do the "Santa run" with Xan. I hope we're both feeling better by then or we'll have a dreadful time of it! :(

I'm sorry you've been so sick, Kell! :empathy:

I had a very relaxing 4 days off for Thanksgiving, which included a great dinner at my brother's house (his first time hosting, although our parents went to the big all-family free-for-all at my aunt's house, so it was mostly my sister-in-law's family), and three days of browsing the Black Friday deals online (I got a bunch of new clothes, and my boyfriend got some new computer accessories), and sleeping A LOT. I never get enough sleep during the week, and it's lucky that I'm able to shamble into work relatively late in the mornings...but I'm still up until 2 or 3 in the morning every night.

Other than that, my November has been busy with work, fighting the mold problem in our house, and feeling very tired. I'm hoping for a slower December, but with my birthday, my dad's birthday, and Christmas, I doubt that's gonna happen! I'm glad I've arranged to take some time off work during the holidays. :D

Well I for one hope it goes quickly, as the sooner I can get out of this job the better.

I was once again the only housekeeper in today, the other one having phoned in sick. Our kitchen assistant also had to go home as he was being sick, so guess who had to do the job of 3. It seems to me that all we are doing at this place is continually papering over the cracks. The Director doesn't care one iota about the staff, and they know it, so his attitude towards them filters down to the extent that they no longer care about anything either, and they are surprised that I want to leave !

Now that I am leaving I have got to the point where I am past caring, and I say let those cracks open up as wide as possible, as this is the only way that things will change for those that do choose to remain. I therefore resolved to work as slowly as possible doing only the absolute essentials, and put the dishwasher on a long wash cycle so that the rest of the staff were forced to help. It is important after all that the dishes are washed properly - infection control and all that - there is an epidemic of norovirus in a lot of other hospitals and homes and we don't want to take any risks ... While most did rally round and do what they could, two of the carers refused to help, stating their hands and arms were causing them problems - it didn't stop them doing their own jobs though. Strange that, as people weigh a lot more than dirty dishes !

Our new Manager is it seems going to have one hell of a job on her hands to get this lot into line - at the moment it seems to me that they are acting like spoilt children who are testing the boundaries to see how far they can go. Imo she needs to lay down some very firm ground rules as quickly as possible. I have a good relationship with her fortunately, so can say these things, and I have ! The chef did too ...

Edited by Talisman

I just got back from a business trip to Charlotte, North Carolina. Enjoyed the trip and much was accomplished including my agreement to extending my employment to 1-17-13, which will definitley be my last day of work before back into retirement. I stayed at a somewhat nice hotel while there.....http://www.hotels.co...-united-states/

Edited by muggle not

I just got back from a business trip to Charlotte, North Carolina. Enjoyed the trip and much was accomplished including my agreement to extending my employment to 1-17-13, which will definitley be my last day of work before back into retirement. I stayed at a somewhat nice hotel while there.....http://www.hotels.co...-united-states/

Hmmm, where have we heard this song before? :rolleyes: Anyone?

At the moment it is all just too overhwhelming. The combination of a week from hell at work, and the 13th anniversary of my Mum's death has proven just a ltitle too much. After a sleepless night tossing and turning, I was far too exhausted to go to work today, so am having a quiet day at home before my weekend off. Those cracks then are about to get a bit wider ...

Edited by Talisman

At the moment it is all just too overhwhelming. The combination of a week from hell at work, and the 13th anniversary of my Mum's death has proven just a ltitle too much. After a sleepless night tossing and turning, I was far too exhausted to go to work today, so am having a quiet day at home before my weekend off. Those cracks then are about to get a bit wider ...

:empathy: Take very good and quiet care of yourself.

The next few days will be funny ones for me. I started today with a fasting blood test at 8.30, and will be getting fish 'n' chips for two later for myself and my elderly neighbour. This afternoon I am heading over to my parents to hopefully sort out the problems they have been having with their freeview recorder, and installing their new scanner / printer.

Tomorrow we head to Birmingham for a day with hubby's niece and children (with two huge bags of Christmas pressies!), and on Sunday we will be sorting and packing as husband is off to Chennai (what was Madras) in India for 10 days for work. So a busy fun couple of days. :D