Reading Mojo?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get back to the topic (now that I made prospero grumble, always fun), I was a tad lost on my reading, but switching languages really helped. So now I'm back, reading again! Yay!

Now I reckon that would work! You gotta love Raven! :smile2:

Very true Nici. I hardly read anything over the winter. I just couldn't get into anything (though I too was reading my magazines and the bible too). Raven Hart seems to have got me out of it, as I knew she would. Question is, where do I go next?

On second thoughts, I have joined a book ring on here I am rather looking forward too.

Everytime i try to read my mind wanders off.

Is there a book you would recommend to get me back in to reading??

Your mind will not wander with Tess Gerritsen. I couldn't put The Surgeon down apart from to have a rest from the horrifying bits :smile2:. If you like that sort of thing.

• 1 month later...

Usually if I loose my reading mojo, it due to the fact that I am stuck in a book that I no longer want to read. Usually if I put the book down and read something else, I can get back my mojo and usually pick the old book up later on to finish it.

Usually if I loose my reading mojo, it due to the fact that I am stuck in a book that I no longer want to read.

That happens to me as well. There is nothing that makes me loose my mojo more than trying to get through a boring or disappointing book.

Usually if I loose my reading mojo, it due to the fact that I am stuck in a book that I no longer want to read.

Yeah I suffer with this problem. Unlike you though, I don't bother picking the book back up again for fear I'll lose my reading mojo again.

Ok, who's stolen mine?! :)

I have had such a good reading year so far, but now suddenly nothing is able to hold my interest! There's a lot going on here, and I want to disappear into a good book, but nothing's working. :)

What books have you tried? Maybe reading some short stories will bring it back?

Everytime i try to read my mind wanders off.

I hate it when that happens. Have you found a good book?

I hate it when I can't pick a book to read, when my TBR pile is huge but nothing jumps out at me

Ok, who's stolen mine?! :)

I have had such a good reading year so far, but now suddenly nothing is able to hold my interest! There's a lot going on here, and I want to disappear into a good book, but nothing's working. :lol:

Sounds like you need a new Raven book now. :) Hope you get your mojo back soon...... :(

In the past few years I have lost my reading mojo a lot, usually because I feel so tired or I feel guilty and think I should be working instead on lesson plans or marking. However I realised that I had to have a work/ life balance and since starting at my new school I have got better at enjoying a good book thus I haven't lost my mojo for a while lol! However it is frustrating when it happens, especially when you have shelves of books to choose from and nothing you fancy.

Kate, I have a book of short stories that I'm trying to review.. and it's not helped. I keep looking at all the books I have, and nothing appeals. Then, when I do try one, I read a couple of pages, sigh, and put it down. The only book I was enjoying, A Small Part of History.. I left at work, and won't get back until Monday!! :)

Oh dear, I hope you get your mojo back soon, Michelle! Maybe you just need a little break from reading (was that blasphemous?).

My mojo has been on the blink for a few weeks while I've been struggling with The Jungle Book. Now that I've finally finished I'm hoping it'll pick up again with my next read, although I'm a bit worried that this struggling will persist with my next read and maybe ruin the book for me when I would otherwise enjoy it. I might go for a Roald Dahl and see how things go from there.

I agree with Nici: maybe a re-read of a Raven Hart would help?

Right i lost my reading mojo and foung my knitting mojo, lost my knitting mojo and found my redaing mojo.

Now i just have to find a happy medium of them both!!!

To be honest now if i struggle with book and am not enjoying i either stop reading it and leave it or come back to it later. So many books to enjoy so why carry on reading books i am not enjoying

I have tried knitting on numerous occasion, but think I'm strange as my hands become incredibly uncomfortable and I then start becoming annoyed and fingers become achey and so on.............. I'm not sure why it has such a bad affect on me.:gl:

Even though I don't get through masses of books, I have been steady in my reading since the beginning of the year. A good sign, as when I stop reading it's usually because there's too much in life (not the nice stuff!) going on.

• 3 weeks later...

My reading mojo has disappeared since Saturday and I'm not sure why - I'm enjoying the book I'm reading, but have been finding it difficult to concentrate. I thought I'd try an audio book when I'm travelling to and from work and I have been listening to Ken Follet's: Pillar of the Earth. I have actually been able to concentrate on that more and have really been getting into the story. I don't know how many hours I have yet to listen to though - probably about 38!

How on earth do you do that? Or are you talking about audio books?

No, I mean the written book. I've been knitting since I was 7 yrs old and I used to do home work for a London based company. I find it really easy to do both - I always have. It really does pass the time, rows and pages!:)