Your Book Activity ~ June 2012

Kylie

Jealous!! :smile2:

I feel like I should say 'thank you', but I'm not thankful for you being jealous! So I'll just do this instead -> :D

I'm about 4 chapters into Miss Peregrine now, and it's a great read and hard to put down, which is just the kind of book I need right now.

I also received Wendy Jones' The Thoughts and Happenings of Wilfred Price, Purveyor of Superior Funerals in the mail.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished The Gunslinger - hmmm, not sure what to make of it, but about five people have told me not to judge the rest of the Dark Tower series by this book, and that the others are much better. I have the next one on my tar shelf, so will definitely read it at some point.

Started Pure by Andrew Miller - only 17 pages in, but I already like the writing.

I've received my winnings from the contest I entered :D

The Coldest Night-Robert Olmstead

Damage Control-John Gilstrap

The Family Corleone-Edward Falco

In The Garden Of Beasts-Erik Larson

Lehrter Station-David Downing

Man-Made: A Stupid Quest For Masculinity-Joel Stein

On Par: The Everyday Golfer's Survival Guide-Bill Pennington

One Shot at Forever: A Small Town, an Unlikely Coach, and a Magical Baseball Season-Chris Ballard

Operation Napoleon-Arnaldur Indridason

To The Last Breath: A Memoir of Going to Extremes-Francis Slakey

and a couple chapters left to read in Shatter

Edited by Sofia

Interesting variety of books there, Sofia! In the Garden of Beasts is on my wish list.

I read a couple more chapters of Miss Peregrine. I've gotten to an exciting part but have to stop to work/snooze. :(

Interesting variety of books there, Sofia! In the Garden of Beasts is on my wish list.

I read a couple more chapters of Miss Peregrine. I've gotten to an exciting part but have to stop to work/snooze. :(

In the Garden of Beasts was on my wish list too :)

I loved Miss Peregrine....there's supposed to be a sequel as well....and sometime this summer (I think it's summer) he is putting out a book of photos...should be very interesting

In the Garden of Beasts was on my wish list too :)

I loved Miss Peregrine....there's supposed to be a sequel as well....and sometime this summer (I think it's summer) he is putting out a book of photos...should be very interesting

OH read In the Garden of Beasts, and enjoyed it. However I don't know if I'll read it now as he has told me the whole thing! :P

I think you've made up my mind regarding Miss Peregrine, I've been on the fence. Will pick it up.

Just finished Jack Higgins latest, A Devil is Waiting. meh

Started the last in the 50 Shades trilogy, Fifty Shades Freed. Redemption is at hand! :D

I think you've made up my mind regarding Miss Peregrine, I've been on the fence. Will pick it up.

I can't believe you were debating it! I am sure you're going to enjoy it :D

Edited by Sofia

I've finally finished The Opposite of Fate by Amy Tan

Can't wait to see what you thought of it Laura :)

I've also ordered The Complete Polysyllbic Spree by Nick Hornby.

That's a cracker - I read it when it first came out and got loads of ideas for other books to read, so beware!

I've finished One, Two Buckle My Shoe & am going to make a start on Cloudstreet next.

Visited the charity shop today & came out with

Running With Scissors Augusten Burroughs Whoop Whoop!!!....What a find :D

Madame Bovary Gustav Flaubert

Can't wait to see what you thought of it Laura :)

That's a cracker - I read it when it first came out and got loads of ideas for other books to read, so beware!

Hopefully I'll get around to posting some thoughts on it over the next few days, when my brain isnt feeling so foggy! I really enjoy books about books so I bet my wishlist will grow a lot!

Also, as I'm not allowed to really move about, I've read a book in one sitting tonight, I Know You Got Soul by Clarkson and I've just started Confessions of a Demented Housewife by Niamh Green.

That's great. :) I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I am.

I read Of Mice and Men which was simply brilliant, also read Sharpe's Gold, the second Sharpe book he wrote but the 9th in the series so far and one of the best.

Been reading more of Arthur C. Clarke's short stories which are fascinating, especially given they were written long before space travel.

Now starting the 3rd Belgariad book, Magician's Gambit by David Eddings.

Edited by Timstar

I gave up with Yard by Alex Grecian as it was the biggest load of rubbish. I'm balancing my need for good words with a few short stories by H E Bates. :smile:

Started the last in the 50 Shades trilogy, Fifty Shades Freed. Redemption is at hand! :D

Glad you're enjoying the series pontalba, I thought the whole series was great but Freed was definitely my favourite.

My waning mojo is struggling through 'Hard Eight' by Janet Evanovich. Nothing to do with the book, just no mojo.

Is that the Harlan Coben?

No it's by Linwood Barclay and I finished it yesterday, great book to kick start my mojo. Not sure what to read next so it will be a bit of ip dip do :giggle2:

Glad you're enjoying the series pontalba, I thought the whole series was great but Freed was definitely my favourite.

My waning mojo is struggling through 'Hard Eight' by Janet Evanovich. Nothing to do with the book, just no mojo.

It was the best, with the best plot lines of all the trilogy.

No it's by Linwood Barclay and I finished it yesterday, great book to kick start my mojo. Not sure what to read next so it will be a bit of ip dip do :giggle2:

Ahh, thanks. I have a couple of Barclay's, must get to them! :)