Athena

The Last Film You Saw

I just got back from No Time To Die and although I have some reservations about it, I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. 

Just watched The French Dispatch. I did not hold out much hope for it, but it was better than I thought it would be. The only other Wes Andersen film I have seen was The Royal Tannenbaums, which I found quirky but tedious.

In the past couple of weeks I have seen (thanks to my digital streaming device!): 'No Time to Die' which I thought was okay, with a big surprise that I did not see coming(!), 'Last Night In Soho' which I enjoyed,although it has mixed reviews online, 'Red Notice' a fun crime romp with Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson, plus the lovely Gal Gadot; and re-watched (for the nth time!) 'The Great Escape' and 'The One That Got Away' both POW excape films, and both 'true' stories,aside from the ludicrous capers in 'Great Escape' after the prisoners actually escape. A true story, up to the point of the escape; after that, pure hollywood hokum!

I saw Titane at the cinema. It was a French film by a female director, Julia Ducournau. There are quite a few of them these days. It was rather David Cronenbergesque. It was very violent, and very arty. I am rather squeamish and found it unpleasant. However, I heard Mark Kermode, the film critic, say it was superb.

The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and The Return of the King, over two consecutive nights. 

I haven't seen either for a number of years now, so I quite enjoyed watching them again (the recent re-read of both books added to the experience as well!)

Watched Benedetta at the cinema. It's about a Lesbian nun who fakes stigmata in order to aggrandise herself. It is based on real events, but I suspect it is very loosely based.

Edited by KEV67

A Quiet Place II  -enjoyed it but thought the ending was very abrupt.