• Announcements

• Hayley

Downtime for Updates   01/26/2021

The forum is going to be offline while our new hosts backup and update the site. We'll be back soon and you can check our twitter (@bookclubforum) or the patreon page ( bookclubforum.co.uk is creating a book community | Patreon ) for updates.   See you all soon!  
Virginia

What's the weather like?

It was lively wasn't it, we had lots of wind and rain which kept me awake last night.  Quiet today and bright, we lost the lid of one of our recycling boxes despite it having a brick on top, the brick must have flipped onto the other box, and away went the lid!  I did put a  few small things like watering cans in the shed, just as well probably.

And our heating broke down last night....fixed now but need new radiators.

Back to cold and wet, met a friend for a walk in the park yesterday and got caught in a hailstorm!  Luckily they were very small stones, like little beads, but we were soaked, it cleared the park though, there was a mass exodus!

Snowing in Bedfordshire quite heavily at the moment. I just managed to get home before the roads got too bad but it’s getting slippery out there. I think I’ll be taking the safe option in the morning and taking the train.

Edited by Brian.

Had quite heavy snow late morning, but it's stopped - settled a little bit, couple of cms maybe - but is already disappearing.  yesterday was nice, cold but sunny.

We've had very mixed weather lately, had  torrential rain on Thursday night, then yesterday was lovely, one of those gorgeous February days where you can actually believe that spring really is on the way - I've got five crocuses in the garden, and a dwarf iris has just opened out - now it's raining again but not that cold, and tomorrow it's meant to snow!:cold:

The weather does keep teasing. The forecast here said we would get rain from mid-morning but we had glorious sun until about 5pm.

Rained most of yesterday from about 3.00 until late, snowing now but it's too damp for it to settle and it's those small swirly flakes which don't really go anywhere!

We also had thick fog on Thursday morning so we've had pretty much everything weatherwise this week!

Edited by Madeleine

We've had lots of snow since Saturday evening. We haven't had this much snow in years! It's predicted to stay cold all week (with a maximum of about  -4 °C and a minimum of -13ish °C), more snow is expected to fall today.

It did stop snowing yesterday evening for a while and we had a light dusting on roofs, cars, walls etc, it must have started overnight at some point and we have more of a covering now, still not too much, traffic is still running etc, it's that fine snow but if it suddenly  changes and gets heavy then it will probably cause problems.  I was thinking of going for a walk yesterday but it did turn to wet snow and was horribly windy so I changed my mind!

We had a little more than a dusting over night but that’s it. The pavements are slippery this morning but the roads are clear as they were gritted this time.

We had a light dusting this morning, but it pretty much all gone now.  The temperature monitor I have on my window at work has barely got above freezing this morning!

It was warmer than expected when I ventured out first thing (5.45 am) to get my weekly shopping. Only minus one!

There were slow and infrequent snowflakes still falling, and a dusting of snow everywhere, with a few of our local untreated roads are still crunchy and icy. 

It did stop for a while last night but started again in the early hours at some point, it's quite heavy now, the main road outside is still clear but  I imagine the side roads aren't too good.

A very chilly -4°C in Shropshire this morning. :cold:.
Though it’s better that -23 at Braemar overnight, and still -11°C at the moment! 

Sunny here but meant to be very cold, I'm off to the optician soon so I'll find out!

The weekend was lovely, nice and sunny and quite mild, planted some more bulbs, have crocuses and daffs coming up now, plus one snowdrop!  Typically though, today, which I have off work, it's raining.  Had hoped to meet a friend for a walk in the park but looking unlikely now.

A glorious sunny afternoon; so sunny it’s hard on the eyes 😎