Suggestions for the Doorstep Challenge

Nici

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I've not read Grotesque yet, but I've heard lots of good things about it and it's definitely on my wish list - it'll be a future purchase when I've whittled down my TBR mountain a little!

• 1 month later...

Well, guys 'n' gals, can you beat:

London by Edward Rutherford - around 1200 or 1300 pages

Sarum by Edward Rutherford - around 1300 pages.

Both FANTASTIC reads.

Have still got The Forest, Russka and Dublin to read by him. As you can appreciate, you need a rest from him inbetween reads. :lol:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
If youlike Historical books - Elizabeth George books

Helen of Troy

The Autobiography of Henry VIII

The memoirs of Cleopatra

I, Elizabeth - Rosalind Miles

Magician - Raymond E. Feist

Have you read The Autobiography of Henry VIII? I bought it a few years ago because it sounded really interesting, but it's quite lengthy to say the least and I don't know anyone who's ever even heard of the book so I haven't had the courage to start it yet?

It may have been mentioned before :D

'Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell' by Susanna Clarke, number of pages: 1024 pages:D

• 5 weeks later...

Ken Follett's Pillars Of The Earth and World Without End. Both absolute beast of books but I really enjoyed both of them. Another one is A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth, 1474 pages !! I haven't tackled it yet but plan to read it before xmas. All the reviews I've seen have been raving about it so hopefully it will be worth the arm ache. :)

• 2 months later...
Winter Solstice by Rosamunder Pilcher 698 pages.

Just thought i let you guys know.

This must be one of my favourite books. It does not matter how many times I read it, it is as though I am reading it for the first time. Perhaps a re-read for over christmas??

I don't think I should have looked at this list. As if I have not got enough to read.:)

Diana Gabbaldon outlander series i am sure all books are over 500 pages.

I love these books. Some of them are over 1000 pages. Can't wait to start the next one. When I began CrossStitch it took me at least two attempts to get into it. Since then I have not been able to put the books down. Absolutely fantastic and come highly recommended from me.

Edited by Kell

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

One I completed a few months back and would recommend to anyone who likes bio's or business is Alice Schroeders biography of Warren Buffett - The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life". Weighs in at 976 pages in hardback , and isn't a difficult read at all - well written and very interesting throughout.

Just remembered two that I have read.

'The Shell Seekers' - Rosamunde Pilcher (671) (one of my all time favourites)

'The Flowers of the Field' - Sarah Harrison (666)

Is it a good book have it on my bookshelve never have read it yet

• 2 weeks later...