The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just watched Monsters, have been meaning to watch it for ages as have had it on rental for at least 2 weeks. I really liked it, it wasn't mind blowing or anything but really gentle any one else seen it/

Friend and I went to see 'Hanna' today.....total rubbish....nothing but folk running round chasing each other....we came out and both thought, what the heck was that all about!

Water for Elephants on Monday, so hope that it better.

We watched it a couple of weeks ago, pickle. I thought it was pretty good, and really interesting considering how it was made for such a miniscule budget.

Yeah I quite liked the fact that it was sort of a love story rather than an all out action film ( I knew that before I watched it) I quite liked the aliens they were really beautiful.

My kids and I watched "Jerry Maguire" yesterday and then "I, Robot". All recorded about a week ago. We still have some recorded movies to watch, it's "May Movie Month" in Holland. :D

Now we watched some movies, I can begin recording more again. If we don't keep up by watching some of them regularly, we'll have too many to watch and no more space to record new ones. (I mostly don't use a video anymore since our tv receiver thingy has space for a lot of movies, you don't have to bother with videotapes and so you don't have to check if there is enough space to record another movie on that same tape, if you suddenly see a movie or show on tv you can immediately press record instead of quickly having to find a videotape first with space on it before you can start recording)

A really strange silent (or very minimal speech anyway) animated movie called 'The Illusionist' (which is a sort of homage to Jacques Tati) ... lovely animation and very unusual but in a good way. It's a French movie that's mostly set in Scotland.

A really strange silent (or very minimal speech anyway) animated movie called 'The Illusionist' (which is a sort of homage to Jacques Tati) ... lovely animation and very unusual but in a good way. It's a French movie that's mostly set in Scotland.

Don't know if you know, poppyshake, but the original screenplay was actually written by Tati and is from the makers of Belleville Rendez-Vous.

I've had a dreadful week for watching films! I've managed to catch three films in the evening that are all distinctly average (although I'm sure there are some lovers of them out there!) - Bridget Jones's Diary, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and Something's Gotta Give. The first Bridget Jones isn't too bad, but by the second one, Renee Zellweger has made Bridget into a caricature, and I'm really not sure why I watched it again. Too lazy to turn over, I guess!

Don't know if you know, poppyshake, but the original screenplay was actually written by Tati and is from the makers of Belleville Rendez-Vous.

I've had a dreadful week for watching films! I've managed to catch three films in the evening that are all distinctly average (although I'm sure there are some lovers of them out there!) - Bridget Jones's Diary, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason and Something's Gotta Give. The first Bridget Jones isn't too bad, but by the second one, Renee Zellweger has made Bridget into a caricature, and I'm really not sure why I watched it again. Too lazy to turn over, I guess!

That makes sense, I loved 'Belleville Rendez-Vous' and 'The Illusionist' has the same sort of charm about it. Thanks for the info Chesil :)

I loved the original 'Bridget Jones' but hated the sequel with a vengeance. It was just all sorts of wrong.

Mary and Max :)

I loved it too and look at your cute avvie .. how sweet :)

Watched Remember Me last night, a nice enough film, easy to watch, but oh my, what an ending, can't decide if it was a bloody awful ending or a very good one, will have to give it some thought!

I thought the same thing, Chaliepud! I've come to the conclustion that I liked everything BUT the last couple of scenes. If I watch it I turn it off right at a certain point and then it makes it a pretty enjoyable film for me ;).

I watched part of Close Encounters of the Third Kind last night, then went to bed and listened to almost the rest of it while I went to sleep. Such a great film!

I finally watched 'I am Legend' tonight. It was quite different from the book, but didn't ruin the story imo. It was scary and there was more than enough suspense. Even if it diverted from the book, the story line was still excellent. Some humor in it too.

I think the ending of this movie version was better than the book ending. There was more hope for humanity in the movie ending than in the book ending. Still, both were quite sad.

It was quite a surprise to watch the Robert Neville character cite lines from the characters of the Shrek movie! When my children were little, Shrek was first released. It became a family favorite, instantly. We watched it for years and I often pretended to be the different characters from the Shrek movie to please my children and for my own enjoyment. I stopped doing that now that my children are 12 and almost 14. I guess they've outgrown me. :giggle2: And then now to watch the movie version of Robert Neville say the lines of the Shrek characters, it was just surprising and funny.

We have just watched 'How to train your Dragon'....was a lot of fun, but bit different from the book and not as good as hearing David Tennant read them on audio CD.

Joy Ride (also known as 'Roadkill', I didn't see the ending because I lost interest. :)

I watched parts of Cat Ballou earlier today. I think I'll give Grease another spin this weekend; I just found out that Jeff Conaway (Kenickie) died. :(