Weight Loss and Getting in Shape

AbielleRose

Congrats Talisman!

I only manage the gym about 3 times a week, and I have a boxing class at work as well. I really have to drag myself there sometimes though. It's really hard because it's very cold here at the moment and I've been more tired than usual so all I want to do is go home and lay down. :D

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great news Lexie!

I fell off the bandwagon a little yesterday. A girl in our section was leaving so everyone brought in huge amounts of junk food that we snacked on all day. :D I had no self-control. But not to worry, it's just a minor setback and I will work it all off at the gym on the weekend.

Gym was hell today. I'd planned to do one hour of cardio and all the equipment that's to do with arms. I managed to do 15 minutes with the bike, all the arm stuff, then 5 min on the crosstrainer and 5 minutes with the 'armbike' and after that I was knackered. I think it's to do with it being the days before the stupid aunt Flo is coming, last time it was the same thing, I was exhausted without doing anything. I'm so mad :D BF's told me we all have bad gym days and I should just accept that and he's right... ;)

Almost forgot: Ooshie, that's so hilarious with the whey protein shake mix :D Did you get those 4 kilo buckets :D Or 1,5 kilo ones? BF has those buckets, they're huge! Have you already tried it, how do you like the chocolate?

Edited by frankie

I love reading about everyone, you are all doing so good!!! Congrats to Lexie that is just amazing!!!

I did fall of the wagon as well yesterday, we had a function at work and I could not say no to a strawberry danish :D

But when I got home at 10 pm I pushed play and did my workout, that would have never happened 6 months ago. I've been working out with my bf and it's so much easier doing it together.

Sounds like lots of you are doing really well!

I really need to lose weight & I've got lots to lose ;). A combination of changing from an active-ish job to a desk job 3years ago & a bout of depression (darn my comfort eating ways) I've really piled on the pounds :D.

I have a problem due to the kind of shift work I do I never have the same day off, so having a regular fixed plan is out of the question. Likewise for doing things in the evenings as I work to a 24/7 shift rota. I have no self confidence or self esteem left :D I really do wish you could go out & buy it lol .. but I know if i don

I have had a really bad couple of weeks on my diet, was really good to start with during the first 2 weeks and lost 6.5 lbs and then started to cheat a bit and we have had pizza for lunch at work today. Still tomorrow is another day and I have a few days before my weigh in on Monday. Good luck everyone!

Its probably not a good thing if the Weight Loss thread is making me crave pizza, is it?

Have you ever tried bellydancing, Zumii? I have a tape and its one of those workouts where you feel like a complete dork while doing it but the next morning you wake up and your abs feel like you did kick boxing with a pro. Its really great and very effective.

.Almost forgot: Ooshie, that's so hilarious with the whey protein shake mix :lol: Did you get those 4 kilo buckets :roll: Or 1,5 kilo ones? BF has those buckets, they're huge! Have you already tried it, how do you like the chocolate?

There are 4 kilo buckets? :eek2: I should be thinking myself lucky it was just 1.5 kilo ones I ordered then! :lol: I haven't tried it yet, I really hope I do like it!

And for a bad gym day, frankie - that sounds really good :blush:

Well done Lexiepiper, that's fantastic, what a nice surprise you must have got when you stood on the scales!

I've been getting myself in the mood ready to start on Monday and am feeling quite positive about it. The reason I'm not even trying to start over the weekend is that I want my strawberries and cream to eat while I'm watching the Wimbledon tennis finals; what an excuse, eh? I haven't been bad this week, though, except for the whole tennis/strawberries/cream thing. :)

There are 4 kilo buckets? :roll: I should be thinking myself lucky it was just 1.5 kilo ones I ordered then! :hide: I haven't tried it yet, I really hope I do like it!

I'm glad I was able to relieve you a bit :friends0: If you think 1.5 kilos is much, think about how huge the larger buckets are!

The reason I'm not even trying to start over the weekend is that I want my strawberries and cream to eat while I'm watching the Wimbledon tennis finals; what an excuse, eh? I haven't been bad this week, though, except for the whole tennis/strawberries/cream thing. :)

... and because I packed up all the strawberries and chocs and you need to save me a seat on a very particular boat? ;)

So how has it been going this week, Ooshie? And how about you others?

It's been really hot in here for the last couple of days, always over 25 C degrees, nearer 30 degrees. I've just been too hot to go to the gym. I'd love to go but I can't survive going to the stores let alone start pumping iron. What can you do? :lol:

I have the opposite problem of it being too cold. In one way it's good because I get nice and warm at the gym, but it's always cold going to and from there.

I had a great boxing class on Monday. I partnered the trainer (who, by the way, is incredibly good-looking :lol:) and he was complimenting me on my strength.

I had a personal training session last night. I wasn't sure how I would go because I was a bit tired and sore from my boxing the day before (I usually try to space these things out). My PT worked me really hard, both boxing and abdominal stuff and I'm feeling sore but good today. I haven't lost much weight at all though. I really need to work on my diet more. Oh well, at least I'm not putting on weight.

... and because I packed up all the strawberries and chocs and you need to save me a seat on a very particular boat? :D

So how has it been going this week, Ooshie? And how about you others?

Don't remind me where the chocs are, frankie, or I will have to go and hunt for them! :(

I started my low carb eating plan on Monday, and all had been going well until yesterday (yes, I know, only four days :D).

We are having a lot of work done on our roof, and yesterday it was raining quite heavily so no roofers were there. About lunch time my 15 year old came to tell me that there was water literally running down one of our walls! So, someone did come to fix it when I phoned, but the wallpaper is ruined and I think the damp will spread into the newly decorated room next door, just a few inches away. ;)

So ... I cheered myself up by watching Nights in Rodanthe on Sky+ and drinking two low cal hot chocolates. Well, they were low cal until I put cream and brandy into them! And then I had two squares of dark chocolate. And then I ate a strawberry pastry which my OH had made because I can only eat a few strawberries a day and there are still loads in the garden. :) (Every time I start on an eating plan to help my weight he begins to bake things! That does not help me at all!)

I was a bit fed up with myself last night (well, I was kind of depressed about the whole day), but today I am back on my eating plan. I am hoping that I will have lost a few pounds when I weigh myself on Monday, but if not I will know why!

Well, I lost 4 pounds in my first week, so I am very pleased with that, especially since my planned walking didn't happen due to the horrible weather :lol:

That's wonderful! Glad to hear you're doing really well :(

I lost 3 lbs since last posting that I had gained 4. Hopefully all the running around and moving this week and next will help me lose a couple more! :roll:

Well since last posting on this thread I have definitely lost a few pounds, not even close to what I need to though.

I wanted to join a gym last week and was really looking forward to getting into a routine going after work. They wouldnt let me join without GP permission due to high blood pressure :(

So I went to my GP and the Nurse there said she would refer me onto the Positive Steps referral scheme, which is basically a 16 week scheme run at the local activa gym where you are supported by an instructor to devise an exercise plan and use the facilities there.

I've been trying to get onto this for about 18 months, 2 different Dr's have said they will refer me (the first a year ago) and I heard nothing. Got a letter today from the Gym, a week after the Nurse referred me and I start on the 27th.

4 months of concentrated exercise, i'm going to be like a marine by Christmas :D

Well since last posting on this thread I have definitely lost a few pounds, not even close to what I need to though.

I wanted to join a gym last week and was really looking forward to getting into a routine going after work. They wouldnt let me join without GP permission due to high blood pressure :(

So I went to my GP and the Nurse there said she would refer me onto the Positive Steps referral scheme, which is basically a 16 week scheme run at the local activa gym where you are supported by an instructor to devise an exercise plan and use the facilities there.

I've been trying to get onto this for about 18 months, 2 different Dr's have said they will refer me (the first a year ago) and I heard nothing. Got a letter today from the Gym, a week after the Nurse referred me and I start on the 27th.

4 months of concentrated exercise, i'm going to be like a marine by Christmas :D

That is awesome congratulations!!!

Today I went on the scale and got a positive surprise I had reached one of my goal which was to get under 70 kg (154 lbs). I was so happy I did a little dance! I guess that one hour of yoga last night paid of!