Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

Thanks for the warning ;)

*drags bedding into doorway and gets comfy*

I'm sorely tempted to start reading a third book right now. I'm not in the mood for Macbeth at the moment; it's too close to bedtime to be concentrating on that. Hmm, I think I'll start on the next Sookie Stackhouse, Living Dead in Dallas. :censored:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo for The Historian, Steeeeve! Excellent book :D.

I got about halfway through The Swan Thieves over the weekend and am enjoying it muchly. I'm really curious as to how it's going to end! I also received Laurell K. Hamilton's Guilty Pleasures as a late birthday present from a friend last night at dinner so I'm excited to see what all the fuss is about with this series.

Glad to hear your enjoying The swan Theives I'm planning on it being my next book.

Finished Fallen, the last half was almost like a different novel, it wasn't amazing but the series does have a lot of potential.

Currently reading the 1st sookie stackhouse, it's good but I get the feeling since I've watched the true blood series I could skip the first bookBand not loose the plot, but I like it enough to finish it.

*Sigh*

I went to the charity shop. At least my haul only cost 5.50 euro. My euro sign isn't working? Oh well.

I got:

A December Wedding - Anita Shreve (Just because I loved the other one I read)

The Lady & The Unicorn - Tracy Chevalier (As above)

AND

I, Lucifer - Glen Duncan (Which I am thrilled about because I just decided the other day I wanted it.)

Edited by Nollaig

I read around four more chapters of Under The Dome and around sixty pages of Cabal by Clive Barker :D

Lady and the Unicorn is my fave Chevalier, Noll, so I'm excited to got it! I just finished re-reading it again a few weeks ago :D.

I only managed a few pages of The Swan Thieves last night since I had lots of stuff to do at home and then had to hit the hay early since I was up at 5 this morning. It's still very enjoyable though. I hope you like it Cosychair! :D

Read 100 pages of the The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. It is Ok so far, no totally gripping me yet. Hopefully it will pick up. I am going to a coffeee shop later, so hoppefully I will get the chance to have a big reading session. I have not had the chance to read too much while over here.

I got about 50 pages into 'Lost in a Good Book' last night and have been looking forward to getting home today to read more, it's much much better than the eyre affair in my opinion, so far anyway.

I totally agree, the Thursday Next series gets better the further you get into the series:)

I got Lost in a Good Book out of the library today. I still have Jane Eyre to finish, and The Eyre Affair to read but I'm really looking forward to them, having heard so much praise for Fforde's work :D I love having a whole series/works awaiting me, it's something to look forward to!

I got Lost in a Good Book out of the library today. I still have Jane Eyre to finish, and The Eyre Affair to read but I'm really looking forward to them, having heard so much praise for Fforde's work :D I love having a whole series/works awaiting me, it's something to look forward to!

The Eyre Affair is quite an easy, enjoyable read, I am by no means a prolific reader and I got through it in a weekend. If you are familiar with the classics that are referenced throughout you will enjoy it more than I did, the in-jokes really meant nothing to me.

You might spend most of the book wondering if he gave the book the wrong name though, (you will know what I mean when you read it) :D

I am just over 100 pages now into Lost in a good book and it's great!

The Eyre Affair is quite an easy, enjoyable read, I am by no means a prolific reader and I got through it in a weekend. If you are familiar with the classics that are referenced throughout you will enjoy it more than I did, the in-jokes really meant nothing to me.

You might spend most of the book wondering if he gave the book the wrong name though, (you will know what I mean when you read it) :D

Interesting! *strokes chin*

I'm looking forward to an easy read, my last few having been rather intense. I am a fan of the classics so hopefully this will be right up my literary alley :D

They are great books and I discovered the Eyre Affair years ago..got all the way to 'First Among Sequels' but don't know if there is another out already...anyone?

As of this moment First among sequels is the 5th and final book in the Thursday Next series. The other series Fforde has done is called 'Nursery Crime' that currently has 2 books, the 1st book is The big over easy and the 2nd is The Fourth Bear.

His latest is Shades of grey that was released in January, and is not connected to either.

Back at work so have read about 50 pages yesterday and today of Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby. Enjoying it so far, easy going typical Hornby read. However even though my reading has slowed have continued to buy books mentioned on here. Since joining the forums on Saturday have added 7 new books to my tbr pile and want quite a few more. Never mind, really enjoying being in love with reading again and experiencing new authors and genres.