Greetings from England

DeWilde

Hi everyone, this looks like a great site! I'll have to look around a bit more to see what you've all been chatting about.

My name is Christopher Yeoman and I have recently written a book about a WWII Spitfire 'ace' called John Freeborn.

Thanks for having me!

Hia and :blush: tot the forum. What types of books do you like?

Hi Lucy, thanks! Some of my favourite books include: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci code, Hamlet, Dr Faustus and history books, especially WWII aviation. I also read a lot of Comic books. :)

How about you?

Thanks everyone else for saying hi!

Hi Lucy, thanks! Some of my favourite books include: Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci code, Hamlet, Dr Faustus and history books, especially WWII aviation. I also read a lot of Comic books. :blush:

How about you?

Thanks everyone else for saying hi!

That's quite an array! I'm also a HP fan (or fanatic!), I like His Dark Materials, and novels set during the two world wars (I tend to prefer the personal side than the fighting side- my favourites include Birdsong, Pat Barker's Regeneration thrilogy and Captain Correli's Mandolin), and I like Jodi Picoult books

I am writing a book where the history of the characters and motivations are all to do with the second world war, involving Nazism and Judaism ... The hero is a Nazi and the heroine is a jewess - they fall in love against their better judgement. The consequences of their love affect their grandchildren and even great grandchildren. So it is a saga/romance with revenge and a slight supernatural/ghostly feel to it.

I also love Harry Potter and the Hobbit and the Chronicles of Narnia too.

Not sure if I've welcomed you sooo ... welcome! and if I have ... Welcome again!