Neighbours

Cadenza

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dip in and out of Neighbours and Home & Away. It doesn't take too long to catch up with it all.

I think the Bridget thing is a little odd, I'm not comfortable with that one at all, especially as I think soaps can influence how people view their own problems - she should have told her mum and dad by now!

Aside from that, I want Toady to finally be happy, I want Libby to stop taking herself so seriously and I want Steph to find an unusual hobby. Howzat?! :)

Everyday :). They dragged out the who's pregnant thing a bit too long I think, I prefer the story know we know. Declan is being a bit of an idiot, but I still think Bridgit is being a bit hard on him, he was obviously just acting like that cause he was freaked out

I think the Bridget thing is a little odd, I'm not comfortable with that one at all, especially as I think soaps can influence how people view their own problems - she should have told her mum and dad by now!

Aside from that, I want Toady to finally be happy, I want Libby to stop taking herself so seriously and I want Steph to find an unusual hobby. Howzat?!

:) My boys call Bridget 'freakish man lady' :D Toadie is my favourite. Love when he gets all silly, especially when they had the 'house of trousers' :tong: with Connor etc. Donna really annoys me. Miranda gets on my nerves a bit. And who do I fancy...well lets just say Libby is a lucky girl! Oh and if I was younger....Tye (sp!) you know the guy Rachel likes. Zeke is a bit wimpy and wish he would mature a bit. Oh and are there no other doctors in that hospital except Karl !!

Watch it everyday too.:lol:

I watch Neighbours every day (and Home and Away)! It's okay at the minute...

I like Toadie, and Karl and Susan Kennedy and Libby to a certain extent (she can be annoying). I don't like Donna or Declan, and I really, really can't stand any of the Parker family. I hated Ned, and was so glad when he left (same for Riley) and I really dislike Bridget. The character has an awful personality, she behaves like a seven year old and the girl who plays her can't act to save her life. All she does is stare and push her head forward - you watch next time she's on!

Ah, thanks Laura. I saw the new Libby today and didn't like her. They've replaced actors temporarily before in both Neighbours and Home and Away when they're off sick, so I hoped that might be it.

Kym had pneumonia. The decision to replace her, temporarily, with Michala Banas was because Libby is going to be in some quite important storylines, so rather than write her out with an implausible reason, they drafted in the replacement.

Michala will be in Neighbours for approximately 4 weeks. She finishes in the 2008 Australia season finale (shown in Australia just before Christmas) and Kym returns in the 2009 season opener. Here in the UK, we're unlikely to get the 4 week break so we'll get the finale one day and the opener the next (possibly with a weekend separating them if the finale episode happens to fall on a Friday).

Many Australian fans on the Neighbours forum really warmed to Michala (who has Libby's mannerisms down to a T) and soon accepted the temporary change.

In Australia, Kym's illness was well publicised - it's a shame the voiceover (by Jackie Woodbourne - who plays Susan Kennedy) didn't say "Due to illness... before saying ...in today's episode, the role of Libby Kennedy is played by Michala Banas, which might have made things clearer for the UK viewers.

As for Libby and Dan's scenes, the actor who plays Dan (I've temporarily forgotten the actor's name!) and Michala had lead roles in another Aus soap called McLeod's Daughters, where they played a couple (who like Libby and Dan had a will-they-won't-they storyline for some time), so they actors actually do have on-screen chemistry.

:D

Edited by Janet

I hope they don't film the wedding with the "imposter" Libby! But then again, the wedding'll probably be off and on another six times, giving Kym plenty of time to get back. :D