How many books do you read at once?

How many books do you read at a time  

101 members have voted

1. 1. How many books do you read at a time

• One
    • Two
    • Three +

For me it depends. I'm usually reading 2 at a time, but sometimes while i'm deciding what book to borrow next, i'm only reading one. There was a stage where i was reading 3, but it was all too much. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm terrible for keeping to one at a time. I go into a bookshop or library and say, "Ooh! Shiny books!" and have to buy/borrow and start reading another one. At the moment I have bookmarks in four:

Vintage - Olivia Darling

Bad Behaviour - Sheila O'Flanagan

Amazing Grace - Danielle Steel

An Absolute Scandal - Penny Vincenzi

But that's nothing; at times I've had bookmarks in eight, nine, ten books. I'd love to stick to one at a time because I think I'd finish them even quicker; at the moment I go through books in fits and starts. I don't finish any for a week or so, then get to the last page of about three in one day.

Ideally there would be an overlap, so you don't go from the final page of one book to page one of another; I'd like to be a few chapters into the new one.

I know, I know - I'm so anal about this. My name is prospero and I'm a bookaholic. So sue me.

Actually don't. Tell me how many books you have on the go at once!

I barely have time for one, with my toddler and being pregnant, but I do have to magazines and read the bible everyday. I have left a few unfinished lately too.

When the baby is born I shall maybe have some time to read more, maybe not, when I am alone with bubbly at night for example, so I may go back to having a daylight book, and a night time book.

I think Kell's the champion of books on the go, she's never without a book. I tend to read several reference books together for whatever my current interest is, but I get my storylines confused if I do that with fiction.

I have about 5 on the go, but trying to concentrate on two as they are bookrings (via Bookcrossing) and need to get them finished and passed on to the next in line.

Too many books not enought time (well I would have more if I wasn't on here chatting to you lot....lol):)

I normally stick to just one at a time but for some strange reason this last few weeks I've ended up starting 4 which is a first for me!

Same here!

Well not exactly the same obviously :)

I 'usually' only have one on the go but I've recently started a couple of books that (although I do want to read them) I didn't want to read at that point in time. So that's two.

I've also started to have a 'bathroom' book. That makes three.

A very charming young lady (ahem) sent me a book I couldn't wait to start (it's the kind you can dip in and out of). That makes four.

And the proper book I'm reading in a linear fashion at bedtime or when I have reading time. Five in total.

Ideally I'd like just two, one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom (or is that men? Am I getting confused?) and aim to get back to that blissful state at some point in the future.

Oh yes, I also have various cooking, gardening, textbooks and so forth on the go too which is the main reason I don't like too many 'pleasure' books on the go at once

Untill recently i would have loads of books on the go and then i decided it was getting too difficult to keep track of plots/characters etc so have forced myself to stick to one recently and i have to say i get way more read now.

• 9 months later...