Charity Shop finds

Well iw ent to the RSPCa shop and i got some ace books, brand new hard backed classics, you know the sort of books from the 1980's that people had a collection of but never read, all for 99p each!!

I got:

A tale of 2 cities - Charles Dickens

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

Vanity Fair - WM Thackeray

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Kim - Rudyard Kipling

The great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald

Oh wow, nice finds Kitty!! :) If I may...

Well iw ent to the RSPCa shop and i got some ace books, brand new hard backed classics, you know the sort of books from the 1980's that people had a collection of but never read, all for 99p each!!

I got:

A tale of 2 cities - Charles Dickens

Great Expectations - Charles Dickens

Vanity Fair - WM Thackeray

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Kim - Rudyard Kipling

The great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald

Great Expectations, Vanity Fair and Wuthering Heights are three of my favourite books, and I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities at this very moment (well, not at this particluar moment as that would inolve the tricky feat of reading and typing at the same time, and... oh, nevermind! :D)

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray! My local charity shops have delivered unto me, for once! :D

In Shelter, I found a brand new copy of Nicole Krauss' Man Walks Into A Room (£2.95) and a nice little Penguin of Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis (£1.25).

Then in the Douglas Macmillan Hospice shop, I got Chocolat and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time for the grand total of £1!

Bargain! And it's for charideee so no guilt required :D

I bought Delia Smith's Summer Collection from the BHF the other day, but I don't tend to buy books as our library is so good.

The Red Cross shop in Bexley is good for designer label clothes, but the Ellenor hospice shop thinks it is a bespoke antique shop and is very expensive.

My local charity shop has nearly new books from 20p and hardbacks from 80p,I love going in there, my last one was Jonathan Kellerman, Rage which was 20p,Ihave got afew Maeve Binchy's from there as well:readingtwo:

I know. I like P G Wodehouse, and if I´m not there to rescue them, they probably just go in the bin. It would be better if we had a separate shelf for tatty books at a lower price, but alas, I am but a small cog in the wheel. I might suggest it to the manager the next time I see her, see what she thinks.

I must admit I don't go in oxfam, I generally tend to go to the other less known charity shops, the cats protection league, age concern,PDSA,help the aged,and some other local charity shops.It's not that I wouldn't ,even though it is a charity shop it don't look like one,(if that makes any sense)

I know, the Oxfam shops are pretty smart - even if I do say so myself.:D But, as I say, the books are expensive compared with other places. It depends where it is, too. Ours isn´t too bad for clothes and bric-a-brac, but if it´s in a posh area, or down south, they bung big prices on things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...