Post your Setup

Timmo

Mine's a manky old Toshiba Satellite L500-1XJ. It's too manky to warrent a photo, and google isn't coming up with any decent image results for this specific model, probably because it's a fairly dodgy model bought out of an Argos catalogue for about €500. Never buy a Toshiba, it's not worth the stress towards the end of their lifespan. My last one died an epic death where, by the end, I had to balance it at a certain angle with the screen tilted a certain way just to get it to display anything on the screen, while I kept the power lead pressed in place usually with my knee, because if I didn't it fell out and the laptop battery died instantly.

As for where I keep my laptop, it lives beside me on my bed, usually. When I go to sleep I just throw it down to the end of the bed, but otherwise it just lives where ever I happen to have used it last - on the couch in my living room, or down the side of the couch/beside my feet at my parents house. I don't think there's much point in posting a photo of my bed and/or living room couch though :lol:

I have a macbook that is 5 years old now that has lived in many places such as my old desk, at uni on my desk, been travelling to France and the UK and also sits on my desk which is covered in jewellery, my book I'm reading, pen pots, a magazine, my phone etc...

I also have a small netbook, because it doesn't consume so much space in my flat. It doesn't need a separate desk.

I keep it where I used it last or, sometimes, put it on a shelf, so there isn't much point in showing a picture.

I have a netbook, and its tiny! I do love it though but the only downside is that it has no CD drive :(

You can buy a USB CD drive for it. That's what I use when I need to install CD software on my netbook.

Edited by bobblybear

^ I don't think they are too expensive - hubby bought ours, and he's tight so he wouldn't have paid much. :giggle: I think he bought it off Ebay. One thing to note is that you will probably need two USB ports on the same side of your netbook (as the drive has two USB cables, both quite short), or else you will need a USB extension lead.

• 10 months later...

I've got got a Packard bell Nj65 Laptop and a Portable hard drive, Lucky because I managed to blank my music off on the weekend and have just put it back on.

I find the two monitors for my work computer an absolute necessity. It is a pretty powerful laptop hooked up to a docking station. It is connected to a VPN network where i access the Company server, etc.

My personal computer is an "All-In-One". The processor is built into the monitor.

Edited by muggle not

I have a 16.4" Sony Vaio laptop, which I bought back in 2008. It's my baby, and I can't live without it.

Here is my setup right now, which is my desk at work:

post-3954-0-38263100-1354668535_thumb.jpg