Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This made me laugh loads just now:

'Mad-Eye Moody?' said George thoughtfully, spreading marmalade on his toast. 'Isn't he that nutter -'

'Your father thinks very highly of Mad-Eye Moody,' said Mrs Weasley sternly.

'Yeah, well, Dad collects plugs, doesn't he?' said Fred quietly...

:) Brilliant.

BAhaha, yeah, the Burrow is definitely a great place :D

there's news that apparently, in the sixth movie, they're putting the battle that supposed to happen in Hogwarts in the Burrow instead? The battle's happening in the Burrow? What is this?!

What??? If it's true, it's ridiculous! :)

If its true, it just reassures me my dislike for film adaptations is for good reason. They shouldn't be able to just do things like that.

I heard this too! It'll be interesting...that's for sure!

having no Dumbledore funeral would be stupid, it's one of the iconic scenes of the series, what would they be thinking?? I'm looking forward to the confrontation on the Hogwarts tower and seeing how it all plays out :lol:

I know it would be stupid. They had a whole chapter on it and he is such a big character! I did find a link here http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a130681/producer-reveals-potter-omissions.html and I found the whole interview by searching on google for

SnitchSeeker dumbledore funeral (I would link the website but the url gave too much away).

While doing my little bit of research (avoiding all forums of Potter fans complaining :lol:) I did find a photo of the students all raising their wands in the air. I can only think that is a tribute to Dumbledore.

BAhaha, yeah, the Burrow is definitely a great place :lol:

there's news that apparently, in the sixth movie, they're putting the battle that supposed to happen in Hogwarts in the Burrow instead? The battle's happening in the Burrow? What is this?!

WTF??!! Nooooooooo they can't do that. It's just not right. Anyways how will all those people fit in there?

As bad as it sounds, changing stuff like this,

and was there a rumour that there was going to be no Dumbledore funeral?

I am so looking foward to the film :lol:

Once again, noooooooooooooooooo. What's the point in doing an adaptaion of the :lol: book if they change every :) thing??!! That's a huge part of the book, they can't just get rid of it, as sad as it may be.

Let me repeat this

the battle is happening in the Burrow? What the hell is the point or need of that change?? It's stupid!

I agree with all of you guys. I think

Dumbly's funeral is back on though, I heard it somewhere, but we can't be too sure. If it's not there, I will kill David Yates, and then I will kill myself. Not having Dumbly's funeral is DISRESPECT. I KNOW he's a fictional character, but dude. He's GREAT. He's AWESOME. He's...He's dumbly. *cries*

...And just think: they were planning on not putting the battle AT ALL. AT ALL. So I think it's better that there IS a battle. Still though... It's not the same.

I am...SO sorry for the double post but...I just saw this:

The Half-Blood Prince director previously said the sixth film is about "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll." He ammended that comment, saying that "it's actually about sex, potions and rock 'n' roll... It's a wonderfully fun, slightly rebellious, quite naughty stage of teenage life. When you're kind of discovering the opposite sex. In the previous film, it was about the first kiss. This film is a bit more sexualized than that. We don't see sex, but it's kind of in there. And the relationships are a bit more complicated and romantic and convoluted. So we're pushing into new emotional and kind of physical territory for Harry Potter, so it's quite playful and fun."

from mugglenet.com.

PLAYFUL?! PLAYFUL?! Is this guy some sort of CREEP?! It's not... I can't...What is.. UGH.

With regard to

the fight at the Burrow, my understanding was that the film makers wanted to capture the sense of mounting menace in the magical world and bring it home to the audience, and an attack at the Burrow would be like striking at the heart of the Order and all others that resist Voldy.

And remember that JKR has a big say in how her books are adapted, so it will have been approved by her at some stage.

If they are planning on

leaving out one of the monumental scenes of the whole series (Dumbledore's moving funeral) then what else could they possibly be concentrating on? I know it's a relatively long novel to condense into a film, but you'd think that's an important part. Also, this apparent concentration on relationships and teen stuff, we know it's going on, but i'd rather have the main backbone of the story in place and be able to watch that to be honest, i know what teenage life is like, it's not Skins or whatever idk maybe i'm just moaning :lol:

*cough* could some lovely person out there help me?

As you know, I've only read the first forty pages or so of HP7 + the epilogue - I didn't like the way it was written so I couldn't proceed any further.

However, reading all the spoilers in here has intrigued me at least plotwise, so I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to tell me in one big spoiler-wrapped post what the plot actually is? A brief summary of battles/deaths/allegiances/love stories is what I'm after.

Thanks you.

Throughout the whole book, they're just trying to get the horcruxes, really. They like, go into hiding for a while because Voldie's taken over the ministry and is hunting down everyone who has muggle blood in them and whatever. They managed to find a few, the locket was in Sirius' home all that time, the Hufflepuff cup was in bellatrix's vault in gringotts so they had to break in... There were LOTS of deaths. LOTS. Most happened at the end, in the big hogwarts battle. Death Eaters and imperiused people vs Pretty much everyone else. Twas epic.