Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry, even though he came back! I was actually crying from the time he knew he was going to die :lol: and Dumbledore and Fred upset me to the brink of tears. Sirius was too sudden for that and I thought he would come back for ages

I think it's worse when you actually see them die

otherwise I think Lupin would have affected me more

I also think that J.K.Rowling should have given more description in PS when Harry is selecting Hedwig with Hagrid, especially as Hedwig is in all of the books and

I found her death to be pretty sad.

I imagine The Owl Emporeum to be similar to Olivanders, although obviously the wand is slightly more important than the owl.

I think the deaths that got to me were

Dumbly, Dobby, Fred (FREEDDDDDDD), Lupin and Tonks ( :lol: ), Hedwig and of course. Snape. And yes, I think we need more info about Lupin and Tonks' death. I suppose they died side by side in battle but you know.. we need more than that! And gosh, Fred. His death was so.. uncalled for! And you could still see the smile on his face from the joke he made *sniff* So sad. And SNAPE!! SNAPE!!!..

SNAPE!!! I mean....SNAPE!! -calms down- Dumbly's death was pretty sad. I cried so much in the funeral :lol: and he fell from the stupid tower! That's just a horrible sight, man, horrible. (lol, I'm talking like I was actually there xD )

I think I have problems, I didn't cry at any deaths in any of the books (I'm currently re-reading them so there's still time yet :lol:). I did cry in DH when

Harry's mum, dad, Sirius and Lupin come back. Man I was in tears, it took me a while to read that bit. It was what he said to Lupin that got me.

'I didn't want any of you to die," Harry said. These words came without his volition. 'Any of you. I'm sorry -' He addressed Lupin more than any of them, beseeching him. '- right after you'd had your son...Remus, I'm sorry -' 'I am sorry too.' said Lupin. 'Sorry I will never know him.. but he will know why I died and I hope he will understand. I was trying to make a world in which he could live a happier life.'

The whole scene gets me bad. It's so sad.

I didn't cry either, i must be a cold person :lol: Though,

if Ron or Hermione died i think i would have, if anything i was MORE sad when Snape bit it than anyone else, eek! That indicates i'm really messed up :lol: The whole Snape thing upset and moved me a lot, even when i had no idea of his love of Lily i thought he was a very bullied, hurt and lonely man and despite how he treated Harry, which wasn't fair, somehow it made me sad for the guy and i wished Harry could have idk reached out to him and broke the whole attitude and did what his dad never did if that makes sense. *ramble*

Edited by Rawr

I know, that was why

his death touched me so much. He loved Lily ALL THAT TIME. "All this time?" Dumbledore said "always." :lol: (FOUND ONE!!) He was alone all his life, and he even thought that Lily hated him because of the whole what was it called? Mugglefilth? Muggle Blood? MUDBLOOD! There we go. The whole mudblood thing..

Everyone hates him, it's awful, i thought he's one of the most hilarious characters (and brilliantly complex) that i've ever read about. Snape needs more appreciation dammit :lol:

Alan Rickman is absolutely fantastic in that role, exactly how i imagined him!! The reason i always felt sorry for him is because he was so mean to everyone and he must have been so lonely and miserable to have acted like he done. I just wanted to give him a hug and tell him to cheer up LOL. I knew he must have serious issues right from the very moment we step into his dungeon.

Severus Snape;

'Snape's family background is mostly shown in flashbacks during the course of the last three novels. Snape was born to Eileen Prince, a witch, and Tobias Snape, a Muggle, making him a half-blood . Snape spent his early childhood living with his parents in a small house in Spinner's End. Snape's family was a poor one and he is described as wearing ill fitting clothes "that were so mis-matched that it looked deliberate". As a child, Snape was apparently neglected and his parents often fought each other. Snape was very eager to leave his home to go to Hogwarts. Towards the end of the last novel, Harry draws parallels between his childhood, Snape's, and Voldemort's.' - Wikipedia :lol: