Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have, a couple of times. I borrowed them all from missmellow :D Gracias mi amiga :lol:

I WAS reading Going Postal, finished it a couple of days ago, the ending was actually quite disappointing. I've only read a couple of discworld books, the whole series is on my list though! That'll take a while...

TWOFLOWER! THAT'S the name I was looking for.. Was he the one with the watery blob or something near the end of the disc? ... I have no idea. I can't remember!

I've read Sourcery, that's the one with the little kid, right? Yeah, it was brilliant, not sure if its my favourite though but it was definitely a good read.

Twoflower is the tourist in the first two discworld books. He is also the original owner of the Luggage and he's really niave about everything. He wants to do everything Rincewind is worried about doing because he knows it will end in trouble.

And yeah, Sourcery is the one with the Sourcerer kid who takes over Unseen University. I dunno what my favourite Pratchett book is though tbh.

Yeah it was surprisingly sad, and I'll be honest

I didn't expect so many of them to die

Actually, I might get lynched for this but

I thought MORE would die, or should have :lol:... Not that I didn't love all the characters but the setting WAS a war, with huge battles and masses of people killed... I feel she didn't go all the way.

Yeah I definitely agree, and I think that

Tonks and Lupin was harsh, leaving little baby Teddy :D

I think JKR wanted to

carry on the 'tradition' of parentless children

That did feel rather gratuitous... just so she could set Harry to be his role model and give him that sense of 'history repeating itself'

- also I think she felt it would be too neat if only peripheral characters died, although I think she realised that she would be lynched if any of the trio perished!

True, but it would have been more believable... I half expected Ron to die by the end... As he really seemed set up to be the self-sacrificed hero from the beginning of the series... It would have torn me to pieces of course, but the ending would seemed less cheesy, less "it's a war and I'm killing relatively important people... but I won't go all the way cause you couldn't take it."

Aren't I blood thirsty today? *cracks up*

EDIT: Just noticed the posts I'm responding to are on page 8... Obviously haven't been in this thread in a while *laughs* Apologies if it's redundant with newer posts.

Edited by Chimera

I agree that it would have been more believable if

Ron or Hermione had died in the end. It would have been been a bit heart breaking though as they both only just came to terms with their feelings for each other

I know we all like a happy ending though...!

I was certain that

Ron was going to die throughout, i don't know why, just always thought he'd sacrifice himself saving Hermione or something as he seemed the noble type idk, glad he didn't :lol:

Hmm... No, probably not.

Hagrid is just you know, a minor character compared to Ron and Hermione. If Ron or Hermione died, then the ending wouldn't have been a happy one, it would've been better, not freaking "All is well". And in the end, Harry forgot about all the deaths anyway... Didn't he? I can't remember.