Harry Potter Books by J. K. Rowling

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't need them because I was just agreeing, I wasn't actually saying anything that would spoil :lol:

I thought it was really sad though when he realised what the I open at the close bit meant, and he whispered I'm dying, I was like noooo don't die! I was sure she'd end it by killing Harry off, I was surprised when he didn't die in the end.

It was only when I had re read TDH that

I 'got' the Kings Cross scene properly (I think). This was a limbo of possibilities. Harry was possibly dead, having chosen to attend his killing at Voldemort's hands. He had the choice to stay dead or return and face Volde for the final time. Meanwhile Volde had the choice to face the consequences of his actions and feel regret, and his potential for a new untainted soul was also in limbo in the form of the creature that was lurking nearby.(I am a little uncertain whether Volde could have life or an untainted soul)

That's my reading of it anyway! :lol:

Lucybird, how come you're not a Dobby fan? I'm intruiged..

I just find him kinda annoying, it's not something I can really put my finger on.

I actually prefer Kreacher as a character

he has more character development, going from pretty much being brainwashed, to actually fighting against Voldemort. He's loyal if you inspire loyalty in him, I like that. Dobby always hated the Malfoys, but Kreacher changed his opinions I like that. Plus he hit Mundungas over the head with a frying pan :lol: You can completly understand how he treated Sirius, who would want to help someone who is nasty to them?

Kreacher was fascinating, and it bugged me that so few people saw that he

'betrayed' Sirius solely based on the treatment he had received. Dumbledore got it, so did Hermione. Wasn't there something said about see how someone treats those 'lesser' than them to get the measure of the person. Having said that, Sirius had his own reasons for hating Kreacher.

It's a valuable lesson for us all.

Yes that's true

Kreacher was definitely what wizards had made him. I can understand Sirius for hating him, but when it cam down to it if he had listened to Dumbledore things may have turned out differently

I just find him kinda annoying, it's not something I can really put my finger on.

I actually prefer Kreacher as a character

he has more character development, going from pretty much being brainwashed, to actually fighting against Voldemort. He's loyal if you inspire loyalty in him, I like that. Dobby always hated the Malfoys, but Kreacher changed his opinions I like that. Plus he hit Mundungas over the head with a frying pan :lol: You can completly understand how he treated Sirius, who would want to help someone who is nasty to them?

I agree Lucybird! I love the part during the

fight when Kreacher leads the house elves out the kitchens whilst wearing Regulus's locket

S.P.E.W stands for 'Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare' or something, right? :lol: Hermione is crazy at times.

"Just because YOU have the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have!"

xD That was the only scene the movies got absolutely perfect. :lol:

Gotta love Hermione.

I remember laughing quite a lot in the second book when Harry walks into the weasley's kitchen and Ginny's elbow accidentally slips into a dish of butter.

And I think there was another part where she spills her porridge.

xD

The humour in the HP books are one of the things I love most about them!

im re-reading the series back to back now and im on Chamber of Secrets which is where Ginny drops her porridge and elbows the butter which did make me laugh. its been a while since ive read them and im getting so in to them and realising they are very funny in places which i didnt appreciate anywhere near as much the first time round.

yeah, ive re-read individual books but never gone from 1 to 7 all the way through. although I am picking up on bits I missed and humour I didnt notice the first time through, I am pretty sick of Chamber of Secrets because its the one I've read through most times. However, I love them all and think Rowling is an incredible writer.

I was re-reading them backwards a while ago (I have this strange habit of re-reading Harry Potter backwards, when a new book came out I used to read it, read the series in order then read the series backwards!), when I was still off my feet but my leg got better before I got to the beginning so I bought new books instead.