The trouble with kindles...

vodkafan

It has changed mine completely, and I find that I am reading two or three times as much as I did and being more exploratory with the books that I do read - trying books for example from different countries or on subjects that I would not have thought about before. Even Coran has one now, and she has found the same thing. We call each other the Kindle Kids as we are like those couples that you see in coffee shops playing with their phones and not talking to each othe, except of course that we are both reading. It's good to have someone that I can discuss books with though in real life, as well as on here.

I'm a bit more venturesome in trying books I'm not sure of, if the price is right. If it is under 3 USD, and am vaguely interested, I'll click it. Plus, one can sample.

I have to laugh at your remark re couples with their phones.....we are that couple in the corner easy chairs with kindles, occasionally reading passages to each other, and getting peculiar looks occasionally. :giggle2:

It has changed mine completely

Same here. I'm reading more, as the Kindle goes pretty much automatically, and when it doesn't I still have the Kindle for Android app on my phone, and I'm reading wider, making use of being able to download samples, of cheap deals and freebie classics etc, and of the ability to download pretty much anywhere. I still love my hard copy books, especially the hardbacks/Folio Society books etc, but no doubt that the Kindle has found a niche.

• 3 months later...