TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

I hated the movie :)

*Hides*

I didn't even expect much, and I still thought it was utter cr*p!

And I don't understand how robert pattinson is good looking, hahahahaahahahaha. I think he's ugly. His jaw is just ridiculous, and his eyebrows are like POOF. And he has a really big forehead.

I'll just go kill myself, shall I? I see a mob in the distance already.

I agree with both your hate of the movie, and RP's POOF eyebrows.. and the big foreheard part.. although I have that also, so I can't really say anything about that. :)

Laughed a lot at your immediate decision to go off yourself.. very funny :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite enjoyed the film, although it was never going to be as good as the book. And I dunno, Robert Pattinson is kinda hot :) I don't mind looking at him lol!

I hated the movie :hug:

*Hides*

I didn't even expect much, and I still thought it was utter cr*p!

And I don't understand how robert pattinson is good looking, hahahahaahahahaha. I think he's ugly. His jaw is just ridiculous, and his eyebrows are like POOF. And he has a really big forehead.

I'll just go kill myself, shall I? I see a mob in the distance already.

:) *Attacks*

Nah, I'm only kidding. :)

He's not good looking at all. But he's still attractive :)

:D That's so true!

I quite enjoyed the film, although it was never going to be as good as the book. And I dunno, Robert Pattinson is kinda hot :) I don't mind looking at him lol!

I disagree - I preferred the film to be honest. The book was so-so - enjoyable but very predictable. The film was also predictable, but it picked up on the better parts of the book and ditched the bits that dragged. For once I can honestly say the film is better than the book! I'm actually now looking forward to seeing the sequel. :)

I wouldn't have described RP as hot - until I watched the film and now I totally fancy him!!! I like his portrayal of Edward although they are some cringeworthy moments ie the biology scheme and the "you're like my own personal brand of heroin" bit *shudder*

Jasper is kinda cute although he does look constipated. He must have taken a lot of pro-plus to make his eyes look that wide. When I was watching the film, I just wanted to give him a hug as he looked petrified.

I like the look of Alice in the film, although we do not really see a lot of her acting skills. Alice is one of my fav characters, so I hope that she is played well in the future films. I agree with the comments that she did seem a bit false when she spoke to Emma. I think that this may have been because her charater wasn't explored in the film.

Not keen on Kristen as Bella. She looks the part, but her voice grated a little. Plus, she looked (for most of the film), that she wasn't really bothered by Edward.

I like Rosalie, Emmett, Esme and Carlise, but we didn't see much of them in the film. I am looking forward to seeing how they are played in the future as we see a lot more from these characters. I especially like Rosalie and Emmett in Breaking Dawn.

I wouldn't have described RP as hot - until I watched the film and now I totally fancy him!!!

I am there with you!

I've nearly finished Eclipse, and am loving it. Had to reserve Breaking Dawn at the library, but there are 9 people in front of me....I just want to read it now :D

I agree with both your hate of the movie, and RP's POOF eyebrows.. and the big foreheard part.. although I have that also, so I can't really say anything about that. :D

Yipee! I'm glad some people agree. :D Don't feel ashamed about the forehead. I'm sure no one can beat the size of his. Ahem.

I didn't like his acting either. He seemed too normal to be charming vampire. He seemed like a bit of a stuttering idiot to me actually baha.

Bella, too. That scene where she was in the hospital bed was ridiculous.

"n n NO y y you ca... y you c can't lea ... j just n NO NO.. you can't le le ... j j just NO" And she had no emotion in her face at all. xD

It's very, very, very hard to believe that Twilight was compared to Titanic and the Dark Knight. What in the world??

Here is my review of Eclipse:

eclipse.jpg

Synopsis:

'Bella?' Edward's soft voice came from behind me. I turned to see him spring lightly up the porch steps, his hair windblown from running. He pulled me into his arms at once, and kissed me again. His kiss frightened me. There was too much tension, too strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mine - like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob - knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which? Following the international bestsellers Twilight and New Moon, Eclipse is the much-anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's captivating saga of vampire romance.

Well Meyer has done it again, created an amazing book. This is up there, equal to Twilight, the first in the saga. As always, Bella is hunted down by danger - one particular vampire intent on taking revenge; mate for mate. As Victoria builds up her army, Bella is faced with problems of her own. Edward wants to keep her safe - which to him means away from Jacob. It looks like she will have to choose - best friend or boyfriend? And on top of that, she has to decide if she wants to become a vampire. As vampires and werewolves unite against this new evil, we watch Bella struggle with love, friendship, danger and the prospect of immortality.

I loved this book. Yes maybe it was predictible, but that did not spoil the story. It is written in a simple but engaging and fast-moving way. It is clear why this series is such a success. There is adventure, love, danger and awesome battle scenes, with the odd death along the way. This book is thrilling - energetic and gripping. And I found myself laughing in places too.

My love for Edward continues in this book. He is dangerous, but so considerate and lovely. He adores Bella and will do all he can to keep her safe and happy. I quite enjoyed his battle with Jacob for her. I did think Bella was selfish, leading both on, and I didn't like how Jacob played dirty, but actually that added to the depth of the book. And I liked the character Alice, Edward's sister. She is a doll. She was the one who had me laughing - I want to know someone like her.

I can only praise this book really. I loved it. I love the series. I am well and truely hooked and am looking forward to reading Breaking Dawn, the last in the saga. I recommend you read these books.

10/10

The first two books in the series are:

As much I enjoyed 'Twilight', I fully admit to some parts of it being creepy, I know I would have something to say about someone climbing in my window and watching me sleep (I am not a pretty sleeper, the snore factor is involved).

All in all the Twilight Saga is just a series of books that may not have been well written but they do have a element of fantasy in them and hey we all need a bit of fantasy.

Bella was not some manner of weaked willed girl, she was a teenager who has met her first love and wanted to be with him, of course it went to a whole different level because Edward is a vampire, again, another element of fantasy.

Edward is also a flawed character, he might seem perfect but he is not and the whole thing about Edward was, he knew he was not perfect.

Not too everyone's taste I know but I enjoyed The Twilight Saga, it was a distraction and a good one.

Carly,

I agree with EVERY WORD of your last post.. every one of them! :D

HALLELUJAH! :D Let us unite in the hatred of the stuttering Bella and retarded faced Edward in the movie. YAY.

As much I enjoyed 'Twilight', I fully admit to some parts of it being creepy, I know I would have something to say about someone climbing in my window and watching me sleep (I am not a pretty sleeper, the snore factor is involved).

All in all the Twilight Saga is just a series of books that may not have been well written but they do have a element of fantasy in them and hey we all need a bit of fantasy.

Bella was not some manner of weaked willed girl, she was a teenager who has met her first love and wanted to be with him, of course it went to a whole different level because Edward is a vampire, again, another element of fantasy.

Edward is also a flawed character, he might seem perfect but he is not and the whole thing about Edward was, he knew he was not perfect.

Not too everyone's taste I know but I enjoyed The Twilight Saga, it was a distraction and a good one.

I agree Gyre, whilst I can objectively mock it, I still love it loads, like you say, it's something that you can just get into easily that takes you away from your real life :D

Nope Rawr, you're not the only one.. and I have no intention to read them either. :yes:

Me neither. I don't think they'd live up to all the hype now :). My 15 year old son even asked me was I gonna read them ... and he hardly reads at all!