TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

I agree. I felt that

because Breaking Dawn was focused more on Renesmee and a large section narrated by Jacob, that there was less emphasis on Edward and Bella as a couple.

Although, I was quite happy with

the sections on Bella as a vampire. I enjoyed reading those parts.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thought the Renesmee bits were the worst parts of the book - one she appeared, the book went downhill, fast, for me. I also really, really HATED the name and cringed every time I saw it on the page.

My whole friends group used to love Twilight, until it became so very very popular amongst teenagers everywhere. I don't understand that. I still love the series, I'm not going to let try hard fans ruin it for me! Silly silly friends.

Anyways, my thoughts on the series. Twilight and Eclipse were my favourites as well. I actually enjoyed New Moon, and strongly disliked (I won't say hate!) Breaking Dawn. I wasn't fond of the plot. I hated how all the attention was focused on Renesmee instead of Edward and Bella. The love between them is supposed to be the whole point of the series, right? Grr.

Plus, the ending was a big let down.

No fight?

Grr x2.

And Bella becoming a vampire...

it was interesting, but it just wasn't... Bella. Grr x3! I made a promise to myself to never read Breaking Dawn again, so I don't let it ruin the rest of the series. :shrug: Heehee

My boss who is also my freind has bought the Twilight series all 3 books she is enjoying them so muc that she brought the book in to work to read before we opened. When she's finished with then I am to get them to read ..... a mini bookring :shrug:

I actually thought the Renesmee bits were the worst parts of the book - one she appeared, the book went downhill, fast, for me. I also really, really HATED the name and cringed every time I saw it on the page.

I really didn't like that character. So much so that I didn't care what happened to her!

Here is my review of this book:

new-moon.jpg

Synopsis:

I stuck my finger under the edge of the paper and jerked it under the tape. 'Shoot,' I muttered when the paper sliced my finger. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut. It all happened very quickly then. 'No!' Edward roared ...Dazed and disorientated, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm - and into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires. For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is more dangerous than Bella ever could have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of an evil vampire but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realise their troubles may just be beginning ...

This book is the second in the Twilight sage by Stephenie Meyer. In this book Edward leaves, in a bid to protect Bella, although he is not hugely successful. Whilst he is away, to fill the void he has left, Bella starts spending more and more time with Jacob Black. But little does she know, he has a secret of his own... Around Forks at the time there are many mysterious killings, and the sightings of werewolves. Bella soon learns she is still being hunted, and that Jacob's secret is as deadly as Edward's. The book sees heartbreak, reunion, werewolves, hatred, vampires, extreme sports and love - plus a trip to Italy!

Before reading this book I read many reviews and comments made by people stating this book is not as good as Twilight or the next book, Eclipse. However, although I agree that this book is not quite up to the standard of Twilight, this book is gripping and exciting. I read this book in two days, and it is a 600 page book. Meyer writes in an accessible and exciting way. Although there was not as much spine-tinglingexcitement as Twilight, when vampires met head-to-head, there were moments of anxiety.

I enjoyed how Meyer developed other key characters, such as Jacob Black. I liked his friendship with Bella, but I felt once we knew his secret he was insensitive to how much Edward meant to Bella, and just how much she was hurting. I didn't like how he changed when Edward returned, but I loved how he protected her when he could. As also, Bella was easy to relate to, and when her heart broke, so did mine. Of course, my favourite character is still Edward. In my opinion, there was not enough of him in this book, but I could plainly see why and I think his absence has helped to build up a climax which I am looking forward to reading in the next book.

Although not as good as Twilight, I would thoroughly recommend this book. It was a quick, easy read. I loved it and couldn't put it down. I have many questions left and I am eager to read the next book in the series. These are top-class books and well worth getting your hands on.

9/10

Me too the first time I read it, but I don't hate Jake now that I know how it ends, so it doesn't fuss me, infact I enjoy the Jake/Bella friendship aspect. I also hate the name Renesmee, and I thought Nessie was just awful as a nickname, she should have called it "Carlie" instead as the middle name, atleast that's normal :) I liked her as a character though, I thought she was quite adorable :)

No, I wasn't keen on Nessie either. But then I don't like the name Carlie either. One of my favourite scenes from Breaking Dawn was when

Bella found out that Jacob had imprinted on 'Nessie' and her reaction. :) That was great. I think I might be a bit sadistic!

I liked the fact that

Jake imprinted with Nessie as it was nice to know that he wouldn't end up alone

However, I just think that Bella and Edward

having a child was a bit unnecessary

although this was really the main storyline in the book. I found that the odd bits of dialogue that Nessie had were a bit weird

because she was growing so fast she wasn't really speaking as a child if that makes sense? But then in other chapters, she was very childlike

I am going to read the books again in and maybe I will enjoy Breaking Dawn more the second time.

No, I wasn't keen on Nessie either. But then I don't like the name Carlie either. One of my favourite scenes from Breaking Dawn was when

Bella found out that Jacob had imprinted on 'Nessie' and her reaction. :) That was great. I think I might be a bit sadistic!

I loved that bit too :)

I agree with Katie, I think they're all very pretty to look at, however, I saw some pictures of them on the New Moon set, and every single one of them was smoking except Ashley aka Alice, I was rather put off, yuk! But yeah I hope we see more of the Cullens, but alas, it's New Moon so it'll be mostly Jacob (and the bad wig) and Bella