J. K. Rowling

I agree, I can't give her book a chance if I don't know she's written it. I'd pick it up because its written by her but I'd judge it according to whether or not I thought it a good book.

I'm thinking maybe Rankins wife saw her writing but she's doesnt actually know WHAT she's writing!

Did you see her movie Magic Beyond Words? I loved it, its the first time she really went into detail about her ex and her anger at her father who remarried less than a year after his wife's death.

Edited by Kell
Changed "writting" to "writing" so it would make sense!

• 6 months later...

Just seen the news that Little, Brown will be publishing J. K. Rowling's first adult book in the UK. Not many details yet, not even when it will be published, let alone title or details of genre, but if you're interested, there's more details here: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/little-brown-publish-j-k-rowlings-first-adult-novel.html

So far I've enjoyed the work of Rowling a lot. Some people were laughing when they found out that she's trying something different, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I'm sure I'm going to like this new genre as much as her Potter-series.

I started reading those books for my children and ended up enjoying them for myself as well.

I am really looking forward to this new series myself. I wanted to get into the harry potter books, but the movies put me off trying to read them. I would always hear Daniel Radcliffe's voice in my head and I am not a big fan of his :lol:

Edited by Devi

Does that mean Rowling won't be publishing under a pseudonym? If they're being all secretive about details, won't it be kind of obvious? Regardless, I'm looking forward to reading something else by her.

It does sound like she'll be publishing under her own name, but it's all pretty sketchy so far, with the publishers keeping everything very close to their chests. However, they have said who her editor will be, and he's well known for editing crime/thriller authors, including Dennis Lehane, Val McDermid, Carl Hiaasen and Mark Billingham, so although speculative, this is the article on the Guardian site with the suggestion that she'll be writing in that genre. http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/booksblog/2012/feb/24/jk-rowling-crime-fiction-clues