Hi, I'm Samsiren

Samsiren

The Basics:

Full Name

Sam

Cheshire

Marital Status/Children

In a 2 year relationship and going strong. No kids!

Date You Joined The Book Club Forum

August 2011

Favourites:

- Favourite bands/singers?

That's a toughie... I love singersongwriters, mellow music with female vocals... pop music.... r'n'b, hiphop. I actually do like a little bit of everything - I know! How cliche! ;)

- Favourite movies?

Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, anything from the 80's. I love horror and fantasy and comedies. I love love love movies that went straight to video. It's a secret passion of mine! I'm a huge movie fan and spend every weekend watching DVD's or going to the cinema - I can't get enough of them!

- Favourite books?

I am a huge fan of fiction and YA - favorite books have to be the HP series, the His Dark Materials series, the Dark hunter seriers, The hobbit, anything that could never be real. Vampires, witchcraft, werewolves, angels. I'm there!

- Favourite authors?

I don't actually have any favorite authors I don't think. I tend to read randomly - I never seek out specific authors...

- Tell us three unusual and interesting things about yourself…

• I love marmite on toast!

• I'm a coffee fiend!

• I dream of being a writer, but I don't tell most people.

Edited by Samsiren

It is a great series. I'm always annoyed when people comment about them being 'kids' books. They totally are not! haha. It's a pet peeve!

Thanks for the welcome - looking forward to getting stuck in - I have been looking for a book forum to get involved in, and I stumbled onto this one and loved the look of it! :)

:17:

Welcome to the forum, Sam!

I've also read the Harry Potter series, but don't know the rest you mentioned.

May I ask, what does YA stand for?

Thanks - YA stands for Young Adult... the kind of inbetween genre. Not quite kids books and not quite hard hitting adult books, mor elike teen lit. :)

HI Sam welcome

ohhhh dark crystal haven't thought about that in years I used to have a friend who had really long straight hair if her ear showed through we would call it dark crystal ears :D

HI Sam welcome

ohhhh dark crystal haven't thought about that in years I used to have a friend who had really long straight hair if her ear showed through we would call it dark crystal ears :D

Haha - I love it! :D

Hello Sam, welcome to the gang :)

Welcome-1.jpg

Thanks, I'm rather enjoying it so far. Just trying it out in the Lounge for a while... bit scared to dip my toes in the book area at the moment... rather intimidating! hehe.

Sam -

You sound like me. :blush:

Except for the marmite

Welcome!

ooh that can be changed. I promise, you've just never had marmite as it was intented to be enjoyed! hahahaha! XD