If you were to be adopted by a movie family, WHICH ONE WOULD BE THE WORST? And why?

Roadrunner

Sorry, I misread the question, so I've deleted my earlier answer! The worst movie family for me would be The Corleones - Michael Corleone has his own brother killed off, so I wouldn't want to risk being related to him in any way!!!

Sorry, I misread the question, so I've deleted my earlier answer! The worst movie family for me would be The Corleones - Michael Corleone has his own brother killed off, so I wouldn't want to risk being related to him in any way!!!

Ditto! They are a worrisome family :giggle:

I wanna move in with one of The Goonies families, how cool would that be? I could raid caves and ride a bmx and help make inventions and be an american kid walking on sidewalks and dodging trash cans. Yep. Awesome.

I wanna move in with one of The Goonies families, how cool would that be? I could raid caves and ride a bmx and help make inventions and be an american kid walking on sidewalks and dodging trash cans. Yep. Awesome.

Who doesn't want to be a Goonie!, nice choice Rawr :)

Thanks Weave! It hit me as soon as I ventured into the thread I just recalled the funky clothes they all wore and it sold me :lol:

The Manson family. I know they weren't a family in the technical sense, but I think it still counts! Do I really need to say why I wouldn't want to be adopted by them? Oh, and I know they're real people, but there has been at least one movie made about them.

Edited by Kylie

The Manson family. I know they weren't a family in the technical sense, but I think it still counts! Do I really need to say why I wouldn't want to be adopted by them? Oh, and I know they're real people, but there has been at least one movie made about them.

I hear ya hen, I was talking about them the other day :irked: (at them, not you :hug: )

Edited by Weave

• 1 month later...

I was about to say the Bundy family, but then I remembered this thread is about a movie. When it comes to movie, there are many many families, such as the Adams family, I enjoy watching them on screen, but if they'd really excist, I wouldn't want to be part of their family or the family in the movie 'The boy in the striped pj's', I forgot their last name, it's been a while, I'm referring to the parents of Bruno, growing up in that situation is difficult for any child, or the family of 'Legends of the Fall', though it is a beautiful movie and I love the soundtrack, I wouldn't want to be part of their family. Too many more movie families from the past and current times to name all!

When it comes to movie, there are many many families, such as the Adams family, I enjoy watching them on screen, but if they'd really excist, I wouldn't want to be part of their family or the family in the movie...

See, that's where we differ hugely - I think the Addams family are actually the perfect family - I even wrote a blog entry about it (see it HERE). They're so loving and accepting of everybody, and they're just so quirky I think I might fit right in. ;)

See, that's where we differ hugely - I think the Addams family are actually the perfect family - I even wrote a blog entry about it (see it HERE). They're so loving and accepting of everybody, and they're just so quirky I think I might fit right in. ;)

Nice blog. :D

That's what I like about these discussions, you find out how many people have similar opinions like your own and what the various different views are, always interesting to find out why and how other people think.

I seem to be one of few people left who haven't read the Twilight books nor watched the Twilight movies.

All I know is the Twilight Zones series from when I was growing up, I still remember a few of those stories. Completely different of course from the description from Twilight movies. :D I'm not that much into vampires, though I've seen many dracula movies as a child because some family members watched them and I've a read a book or two.

I often come across as weird for not having read these popular Twilight books nor watched their movies. Oh well.

• 2 months later...

I think most families from movies and tv-series are families I wouldn't want to be part of, because imagining being part of a family means (to me anyway) being part of a better world, a better family than my own family. So if I'd imagine belonging to another family it'd have to be a family without many issues and if possible with none. There already are too many issues in the real world.

Families in movies and series often have problems because otherwise there wouldn't be a story to tell. I guess in that sense none of them are great to be part of for me.