The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me, yep! :lol: They did a pretty sneaky thing to be able to add more action, but I enjoyed it. I went to a 1.30pm showing and can't believe how many teenage girls in school uniform were there - I'd been hoping for a quiet screening, and I could have done without the loud whispers, muffled giggles and loo visits, but I'll probably go again at a quieter time too.

I recently watched The Social Network, which was very good, and Stage Door Canteen, which is based on a true story about entertainers who provided companionship to soldiers about to go to war. Lots of women worked there to serve the soldiers food, talk to them and dance with them (but there were strict rules involved and of course no hanky panky allowed!) I just finished watching The Slender Thread, which stars Sidney Poitier working for a crisis hotline, where he receives a phone call from Anne Bancroft's character, who has just overdosed on sleeping pills. He finds himself in a race against time to try and track her down to save her.

Alan didn't think it was so bad either .. but he didn't think it was so good either. I was expecting more that's all I can say and it seemed a bit saccharine and clichéd for a Tim Burton film.

The thing I like about Tim Burton's films are that although they are different and a bit dark, they still have a nice message about most of them.. For me, 'Frankenweenie' didn't disappoint on that factor.

On other news, I have just seen 'Skyfall' and although I'm not a James Bond fan at all, I sort of enjoyed this. At times it was utterly ridiculous, but managed to hold my attention.....particularly the new Q who I think is rather cute :blush2:

I went to see Breaking Dawn part 2 yesterday and it was brilliant :D There was a bit in there that i sat with my mouth open for a good five minutes!

I wondered if I'd know which bit you meant, but oh my!!!! Best of the series (well, except maybe the first one ..) :)

I watched Tomorrow, When The War Began this afternoon, and really enjoyed it. Didn't know much about it, but thought it was really well done. Had a look on IMDB and saw they're filming a sequel too, so looking forward to watching that next.

Also watched It Could Happen To You which I've seen before, but not for a while, so it was great to see it again. I'm not a huge fan of Nicholas Cage, but put him in a romcom, and I think he's adorable.

I watched Tomorrow the other day as well, Chesil. :) It is based on one of my favourite ever books (actually, it's a series of 10 books). I was beyond excited when they finally made it into a movie - it was a book I studied at school 15+ years ago and it is by far the book I've re-read the most. I thought it was a pretty good adaptation and am thrilled they're making a sequel. I wasn't sure if they would - it was quite a big gamble for Aussie movies, I think, because it had quite a big budget and was very well shot for an Aussie flick. I hope they at least make a third movie too. The series was originally meant to be a trilogy but was then expanded, so it could feasibly be kept down to 3 if they wanted. You might like to check out the books one day - the series just gets better and better (you could probably read them all in a week at your reading rate!)

I watched Tomorrow the other day as well, Chesil. :) It is based on one of my favourite ever books (actually, it's a series of 10 books). I was beyond excited when they finally made it into a movie - it was a book I studied at school 15+ years ago and it is by far the book I've re-read the most. I thought it was a pretty good adaptation and am thrilled they're making a sequel. I wasn't sure if they would - it was quite a big gamble for Aussie movies, I think, because it had quite a big budget and was very well shot for an Aussie flick. I hope they at least make a third movie too. The series was originally meant to be a trilogy but was then expanded, so it could feasibly be kept down to 3 if they wanted. You might like to check out the books one day - the series just gets better and better (you could probably read them all in a week at your reading rate!)

Thanks Kylie, I'll have a look for those now, and add to wishlist. :smile2:

I watched 'The Lovely Bones'. I read the book ages ago and enjoyed it (as far as one can with the subject matter), but had heard mixed reviews about the film.

I cried, I smiled and I cheered at the appropriate moment. Well acted by all the cast, I would give special mention to Stanley Tucci who gave a creepily brillant and understated performance.

Have you guys watched Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind?

This is one of my favourite films and one that is generally overlooked. It's quite quirky, but I love it. I would definitely recommend this film.