The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Grease'. I love musicals and this is my favourite, I can't help singing a long to it :blush2:

I caught a bit of it the other night, and having seen it so many times when I was a teenager, I could still say every line along with the actors as well as knowing all the lyrics to the songs too. :smile2:

I watched Johnny English Reborn tonight - no brain required, which was exactly what I needed! :giggle2:

I went and saw looper yesterday, Bruce willis is in it a bit longer than he was in In the cold light of day. "meh it passed the time" (Stolen quote)

I caught a bit of it the other night, and having seen it so many times when I was a teenager, I could still say every line along with the actors as well as knowing all the lyrics to the songs too. :smile2:

I probably recite most of the script myself :blush2:

We went to see Looper tonight. It was surprising. We both enjoyed it. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is amazing. Willis was darned good too.

Edited by pontalba

'Grease'. I love musicals and this is my favourite, I can't help singing a long to it :blush2:

I watched Johnny English Reborn tonight - no brain required, which was exactly what I needed! :giggle2:

I probably recite most of the script myself :blush2:

I remember my brother getting it on video when I was a teenager. I think I watched it every night for months on end. My parents had so much patience! I haven't watched it from beginning to end in years, but if it comes on tv and I happen to catch a few scenes, I always know them by heart. I'm like that with Singin' In the Rain as well :)

I went to the cinema last wednesday to watch The Sweeney. An amazing film that had me sat on the edge of my seat throughout! I thought it was fantastic!

Glad you enjoyed it. I fancy seeing this one as well - Damian Lewis and Ray Winstone in the same film....it's got to be worth watching!

I watched a few films last week. Picnic, with William (swoon) Holden. I liked it, although it was a flawed movie, and Holden was too old at 37 to play a man in his early to mid twenties. But he's one of my favourite actors, and very under-rated.

Also Now, Voyager which I hadn't seen for years. I was a bit disappointed in it actually, although I think Bette Davis did some of her best work in this film.

I also watched Hombre with Paul Newman. Not really a fan of Westerns, but this was a great film.

I remember my brother getting it on video when I was a teenager. I think I watched it every night for months on end. My parents had so much patience! I haven't watched it from beginning to end in years, but if it comes on tv and I happen to catch a few scenes, I always know them by heart. I'm like that with Singin' In the Rain as well :)

I was the same with 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' when I was little. I used to watch the film, rewind it, then watch it all over again, I don't know how my family coped with that....it least it kept me quiet. Even now my family and I can recite most of the lines and all of the songs!

Went to see Looper tonight, without knowing much about it, but my friend wanted to see it. Definitely not my sort of film - far too violent, although I can see that it was still an interesting story and quite a good take on time travel, but had to look away from the screen far too often (I'm such a wuss :roll:)

I watched 3 in the last few days:

Avengers Assemble - complete dross and utter rubbish, only sat through this because the kids wanted to.

Iron Sky - also a no brainer, but this one was funny and didn't take itself seriously.

Dark Shadows Johnny Depp and Tim Burton brilliance!!

I don't often go to the cinema to see a film twice but I did last week. If you get a chance go and see Untouchable. It is a french subtitled film, based on a true story. I saw it on Tuesday and another two friends asked if I wanted to go see it with them and as well as catching up with them was only too happy to see the movie again. Well worth being nominated for Best Foreign film catergory somewhere.

Sense and Sensibility, with Emma Thompson and Kate Winslet. I remember seeing it at the cinema when it came out, and enjoying it, but haven't watched it since until this weekend. It was just as good as I remember. However,

I would have picked Colonel Brandon in the first place, if I had been Marianne!