The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgive me for not scrolling back through the pages but whoever said that we should all watch Moonrise Kingdom - thank you. I haven't got around to seeing it yet but I've been wanting to see it for ages. I'll definitely get to it soon.

I watched Ted today. Thought it was fantastic. Probably a bit too crude in some places, like The Inbetweeners, but overall very enjoyable. :D

Watched Fright Night with Colin Farrell. I'd heard reports that it wasn't great but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Way better than the original and David Tennent was fab in it!

Magic Mike - wow what a film :P not one id take my Gran to see though!

I loved it too, good on many levels, feel very tempted to take a trip to a strip club now! Maybe it should be a BCF outing, strip club, and a cake stop where we can chat books! :D

The Amazing Spiderman. It was more comic book-y than the old version, and quite funny, I liked it. Helped that Spiderman looks like my boyfriend too (maybe that means the BF is spiderman...he does climb after all...)

I loved it too, good on many levels, feel very tempted to take a trip to a strip club now! Maybe it should be a BCF outing, strip club, and a cake stop where we can chat books! :D

I'm in! :D

Hehe me too, but only if they look as good as those in the films :) I'm in for the outing too, hehe :P

I loved it too, good on many levels, feel very tempted to take a trip to a strip club now! Maybe it should be a BCF outing, strip club, and a cake stop where we can chat books! biggrin.png

I am all for BCF solidarity but I am assuming from how keen you ladies all are we are not talking about female strippers here ? :lurker:

I watched Barton Fink today, and holy hecks, I really enjoyed it! I think I'm beginning to slowly understand why Peacefield thinks these Coen brothers are so great :D

It was so weird, seeing John Mahoney play such a different character from Martin Crane on Frasier. The first time we see him in the movie, he's vomiting his guts out :D

Edit: The actor who played Audrey was superb! I have to google her. I've seen her on some other stuff but can't remember which.

The Dark Knight Rises.

I really want to write a full review for this at some stage, but a truly spectacular conclusion to Nolan's brilliant trilogy.

Geez, I remember having that problem with The Dark Knight. His voice was so annoying!

Having just watched the dark knight in Redditch, I agree that banes voice was terrible. There allso didn't seem to be a flow through the film.

Young Adult starring Charlize Theron. It was incredible. Loved that it did not have a twee Hollywood ending

and that the main character remained completely selfish

I liked the remake of True Grit, vodkafan.

I think with a sensitive and intelligent film-maker, it's possible to like a remake and an original as two separate films, without pitting them against each other.

So, yes if it were to be re-made, I would be curious to watch it.

Meanwhile, I'm on a DVD watching spree - watched Shutter Island two nights ago, and A River Runs Through It, last night.

While I can appreciate the cleverness of Shutter Island, its not the kind of film I'd actively seek and enjoy.

A River Runs Through It on the other hand - I was swept away by its beauty, silences and gentleness. I'm stuck for words to express how it made me feel.

It was pure poetry for me.

I just found out it was made from a novella - I will be looking for that.