My Reading List...

Tiger

Hi! I think that the story was a little bit slow to start with, but then it's like many books, it picks up its charm about 30 pages in. Over all it was quite good...

• 2 weeks later...

For my birthday I got Black Beauty and Eldest. When we went to Hever, I got Anne Boleyn And Me. I couldn't resist to start the Anne Boleyn one, and it's really good!

• 1 month later...

I've read the following recently:

Black Beauty (Anna Sewell)

Eldest (Christopher Paolini)

Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets

Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban

Harry Potter And The Order Phoenix

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

The Deep (Helen Dunmore)

And now I'm reading Hand Of The Devil. Oh yes, and 9-year-old brother is having a blast at The Order Of The Phoenix. He loves Harry Potter!:D

And now I'm reading Hand Of The Devil. Oh yes, and 9-year-old brother is having a blast at The Order Of The Phoenix. He loves Harry Potter!:D

You always astound me with the amount of reading you do - you total bookworm, Tiger! And perhaps your brother will eventually become a member here and you'll both be fighting with your mum for computer time to visit the forum!

Hope you enjoy reading Hand of the Devil - I just looked it up and it looks really good, so I'll be dying to hear what you think of it!

Kell, I already struggle to get on here!!! Tom is planning to join at a later date.

Tiger permanantly has her nose in a book - now she's planning an assault on some of my books including Jean Plaidy, Daphne Du Maurier and Philippa Gregory

Oh yes, and 9-year-old brother is having a blast at The Order Of The Phoenix. He loves Harry Potter!:D

So does my elder sister (she's 31). She is a huge fan of Harry Potter. She's trying not to read the Deathly Hallows book too quickly, though, as she's trying to keep it going for as long as possible. She doesn't want Harry to end!

• 1 month later...

OK, so here is my list of things I've read since I last posted on this thread:

The Bloody Tower by Alison Prince 6/10

Soul-Eater by Michelle Paver 9.5/10

Outcast by Michelle Paver 10/10

Meet the Real World, Rachel by Karen McCombie 7/10

Frankie, Peaches and Me by Karen McCombie 7.5/10

Amber and the Pepper-Hot Jelly by Karen McCombie 6.5/10

Why The Whales Came by Michael Mopurgo 8/10

Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Mopurgo (re-read) 9/10

On Thursday, the school gave me £15 worth of book tokens, as well as a handful of certificates, on rewards evening. I spent £10 of that on:

Arthur High King of Britain by Michael Mopurgo

The Roman Mysteries: The Slave-Girl of Jerusalem by Caroline Lawrence

Waterstones were doing a Buy One, Gut One Half Price on all kid's books today, and I couldn't resist!

This is such an enjoyable blog, Tiger! Great job earning the book tokens. I wish my school had those - and that I would be as smart as you to earn and wisely use them! My mom passed her bookworm trait to me; Angel, good job taking that further!

When I was in junior high (not that long ago, really!:D), my favorites were The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and the Dear America and Royal Diaries. --And Harry Potter, obviously! My grandma bought me Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone when I was eleven, so I was kind of the same age as Harry with each new year at Hogwarts I read about. My other grandma got me into George Macdonald's children's stories like Sir Gibbie and At the Back of North Windearly on.

I will see what I like best by Karen McCombie and Michael Mopurgo for now. That's cool that you have so many favorites already!

[...]I only managed to read half of Jane Eyre, I found it so hard! However, what I read was really, really good. Once I'm about 12 or 13, I'll try and read it.

Good plan! I didn't read Jane Eyre until I was thirteen; I actually hadn't heard of it until my English teacher recommended it to me. Once you pick it or an abridged version up, I hope you'll like Jane's steady character, and the slightly creepy feeling throughout the book!:D

• 3 weeks later...

I have been so busy, and to my guilt I've only read:

The Slave-Girl From Jerusalem by Caroline Lawrence, 9/10

Arthur, HIgh King Of Britain by MIchael Mopurgo, 8/10

And with my remaining

• 2 weeks later...