Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading Parisians by Graham Robb, which styles itself as "an adventure history of Paris". It's not a history in the strict chronological sense, more a series of vignettes of key moments and people over the past couple of hundred years, but it's none the worse for that. Entertaining and well written.

I know some people can read anywhere, and I guess I am going to have to learn this skill or my reading days are over. :(

Can you get some noise-cancelling headphones, or good ol' ear plugs? I hope it gets better for you. :(

I entered a contest with Random House Canada and won a Kobo! So that should be arriving in a couple of weeks!

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. :)

My reading mojo is AWOL again. :(

First of all, thank you everyone for your advice about reading.

I have been getting a bit of reading in. It's slow going, but I am learning to adjust. I picked up Bloodsucking Fiends by Christopher Moore and I seem to be doing well with that one. Perhaps a light, comic read is exactly what I need right now. :)

Well that didn't last long - just finished the excellent first book in The Hunger Games trilogy. :blush:

Yay!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Chesil! That is excellent :D.

I finished Definitely Dead and have now moved onto the next Sookie book, All Together Dead.

I read a couple of chapters from All Together Dead last night and was unfortunately only able to read about half a dozen pages this morning before going to work. It was at a very exciting point too, which is what it was unfortunate! :lol:

Chesil, are you taking a break between the HG books or have you performed a miracle and blown through all three already?!

Read some of the two books I have on the go this morning after been to the torture of the dentist.

People of the Book

Notes from an exhibition

Taking a break, peace! I know if I start the next one, I won't be able to put it down, so leaving it for Saturday or Sunday when I can dedicate the time to it :lol:

I wouldn't have put it past you to breeze through them all in one sitting, Chesil! :lol:

Trying to write down my own thoughts on the reading circle book, it's not as easy as I thought.

I started reading Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke last night, it was beautiful. That's the only word to describe it, really. Beautiful. I won't read it all at once, I want to savour it, so will have to pick another book today to take with me to Nurmes.

I have just realised I am reading 6 books at the same tiome cause it depends on my mood and where I am in the house as well as the time of day that I read one of them.....I might concentrate on getting at least 2 if not 3 of them finished by the weekend though.

Still reading swan song,about 150 pages to go,just around the part where they start building the fort around mary's rest......good stuff.

My lastest amazon order just arrived,American Psyco and Odd Thomas.Building the TBR pile again,damn it :readingtwo:

Read another section of The Death of King Arthur by Peter Ackroyd (needs concentration and time to get in to the writing style each time, so can only read it when I know I have a decent amount of time available), plus started The Dolce Vita Diaries by Cathy Rogers and Jason Gibb a combination of memoir and recipes (although the Lemon Ravioli with Sage Butter recipe made my mouth water and my tummy rumble!).

Just finished one of the books I have on the go..Phil Rickman - The Secrets of Pain. I will hopefully finish The Skeleton in the Closet tonight before bed, then its only a bout 4 books to finish that I have started recently. :rolleyes: