My annual visit

Fallen Angel

Just thought I'd drop by for my annual visit ;)

Seriously though, I've not read any fiction for I can't remember how long. I have a stack of books in various states of part read-ness at the side of my bed, and another pile of "to read" ones. There's just so much going on at the moment that there never seems to be any time for reading, but I've now decided that I'm going to put aside at least half an hour a day for reading and make time to switch off for a while.

I do keep reading the forum newsletters and thinking "must pop along" (been away so long that today when I tried to log in I realised I couldn't remember my password and had to get issued with a new one :D), but today I've finally got round to posting my reading list. Hopefully this time I might actually get somewhere in ploughing through my pile of books, and pop in here a little more often! :D

• 1 year later...

Well, here I am again! (I really was joking when I said last time it was my annual visit), but *blush* really do need to make some more time for reading.

Well, I'm pleased to report that a minor miracle has occurred! This week I actually started reading something....and finished reading it! It was like days of old when I'd stay up half the night reading even when I knew I'd got to be up for work the next morning because I just couldn't put it down. And it felt sooooooo good! :roll:

I've been a bit down just recently, and I've been up to my neck in work for so long now that reading's unfortunately come way down on my list of priorities, but this week I rather unexpectedly found a damned good read, and for a couple of days just lost myself in another world. I think it was something I really needed, just a break and a chance to just chill out. A sort of explanation of how I came to find this something that got me bitten by the reading bug again is on my blog.

Why it worked, at least at the moment, when I spend most of my time at my laptop and online, was that I found this gem online - fanfiction on LiveJournal to be more precise. Until recently I was dimly aware of the concept of fanfiction, but it wasn't something I'd ever investigated, or experienced. Hopefully over the next few days I'll get a chance to post a review of it

(and I'll try not to make it another year before I come back! :lol:) and I'll certainly be back there again. There's apparently a sequel to the story, and if it's half as good as the one I've just read, I need to make time to read it.

I'm writing again (sort of) and keeping my blog updated's getting me back into the swing of making some time for writing every day, and now I've got bitten by the reading bug again, I need to make time for that too. I'd forgotten just how good fiction can take you out of the mundaneness of real life, and that's something I definitely need to do more often.