Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just starting "Bel Canto" by Ann Patchett... Anyone read this? :)

Me! And I loved it! :smile2: How's it going so far, any good, or are you having problems with it?

I got my copy of The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas in the mail today, happy happy happy! :exc: I'm still reading Emotional Geology, and have also started reading The Secret Language of Eating Disorders which has been thoroughly interesting.

Kat arrived up bearing gifts :) 5 books to be added to Mt TBR, at this rate it will be 'mountain range TBR' lol

Still reading Sister and enjoying it :)

Was going to treat myself to a new book in Waterstones but ran out of time (I need at least half an hour for browsing there!) Sadly ran out of time so consoled myself by popping into our local hospice charity shop, what a good move! Came home with -

Life of Pi - Yann Martel

PS I Love You - Cecelia Ahern

A Week in December - Sebastian Faulkes

High Lord (third in Black Magician trilogy) - Trudi Canavan

Lovers and Newcomers - Rosie Thomas

Untold Stories - Alan Bennett

All for the grand total of £6.50 - BARGAIN!!!

Off to bed now to finish the first book in the Black Magician trilogy!

Started Naked In Knightsbridge by Nicky Schmidt today. It's okay, but the main characters predicament is a bit unbelievable and is starting to irritate me, but I do want to find out where the author takes it, so will persevere for now.

Noticed what? I have no idea what you are talking about, as I've never read The Little Prince.

The angle tears that Frankie mentioned are related to something you wrote in the 'What am I drinking now' thread. ;)

It's nice to see you bought a book. I don't see that very often!

Edited by Kylie

Last time I was on here I was reading Afterlife by Claudia Gray. I finished that book at the start of this month. So I started reading The Truth About Melody Browne by Lisa Jewell, got free from cosmopolitan magazine. So I thought I'll read it, plus I wanted a change from the fantasy books.

Yes, they can be purchased individually!

:giggle2:

I hope you don't mind that I am laughing at you, Kylie.

I only laugh because what Raven said could also apply to me. :blush:

:giggle2:

I hope you don't mind that I am laughing at you, Kylie.

I only laugh because what Raven said could also apply to me. :blush:

Kylie, I'm worried that Pixie might be going over to the dark side... :huh: Somebody should do something before she joins Raven's ranks!

:lol:

Kylie, I'm worried that Pixie might be going over to the dark side... :huh: Somebody should do something before she joins Raven's ranks!

:lol:

Y'all are being so mischevious today! Its very amusing... :D

I think I'm going to make an another attempt to read Watchmen today.

Well, plans to read The Small Hand and We all ran into the Sunlight have been thwarted as I have got addicted to Agatha Raisin. I read the first one on holiday and now have downloaded the next few in the series. They are very witty and great fun.

The Small Hand is only 164 pages long so will read that in between the Agatha books. :readingtwo:

I've also got to finish The German Boy in the next week or so for reviewing. :blush: What I need is a bit of this :Zzzz:

I picked up the late Senator Edward Kennedys memoirs True Compass a few days ago. I am around 100 pages in and am so far finding it entertaining as well as moving.

Had my book 'date' today, got rid of a couple of books and got a copy of Mitä onni on by Petri Tamminen. Now I think I'm gonna head to bed and read a little before going to sleep.

I started and finished Dead Reckoning today, it was nice to have my Sookie fix. I will be picking up The Ancient Curse by Valerio Massimo Manfedi again as I dropped it like a hot stone when my Amazon arrived! :lol:

Today I purchased/dowloaded:

The Short Stories of Edgar Allen Poe

The Works of Joseph Conrad

Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen

Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett

House of Silence by Linda Gillard

Household Tales by the Brothers Grimm

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

The Complete Charles Dickens

Strange Wine by Harlan Ellison

:JC_cookies:

I finished reading "The Good Guy" by Dean Koontz earlier this evening. It's my first Dean Koontz book in about 3 or 4 years so it's been good to get back to them...really enjoyed this one.