Gyre's Reading List/Blog 2007

Weave

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will need to watch it on Wednesday as well, I always thought about the Richard and Judy book club but never got around to it, I read 'The Kite Runner' when I caught one show...

:friends0:

I finished The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne.

I think it is the most powerful and sad book I have read in awhile, so sad in fact I can not even write a review on it.:D

I just bought this yesterday. I saw a review in the Guardian and thought it looked really interesting. I need to know though, is it reflective sad or needing tissues sad??? Just so I know for work :)

It is interesting and I think you will enjoy it, but you might need tissues...:D

Will certainly let you know.

I am still reading 'The Testament of Gideon Mack' as well, what an strange but interesting man.

:lol:

I bought two books yesterday, 'My sister's keeper' by Jodi Picoult and 'Muhammad - A Biography of the Prophet' by Karen Armstrong.

I started reading 'My sister's keeper' and I have to say, I am hooked x

I finished 'My sister's keeper' by Jodi Picoult, its has to be one of the most saddest books I have read since 'The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas' :lol:

I am also finished 'The Testament of Gideon Mack' by James Robertson, its easy to read but it is quite a bizarre book, I get what he is all about?, about where he is going?, but my main worry is, do I care?

I finally finished 'The Testament of Gideon Mack' by James Robertson, it was an odd kind of book but interesting.

:)