Have the old books stood the test of time?

Michelle

Now that is something Beth does like! She had the Mr Men set last Christmas, and she's read them those of times, and sometimes sits copying them. This Christmas she has the Little Miss set, so she has something new! :D

My mother slowly bought them and built up the whole set for me (Men & Miss). I think they've done a few new ones since I gave up reading them (about '96/'97), as I don't recognise some of them. My mother gave them to my two nephews a few years ago.

When I was little, my favourite was Mr Bump. Poor Mr Bump...

When we had a charity dress-up day at school where you had to come as a character from a book, a lad in my class came as Mr. Strong. He wore this huge cardboard box painted red that was as big as he was. He kept getting stuck in the doorways.

My Maths teacher came as Mr. Bump and was wrapped up in loo roll.

Now those are stories that stand the test of time! I especially love the Grimm tales - much darker than people suspect when they are used to the stories getting the Disney treatment - stories like Cinderella are far better without the sugar-coating!

*Absolutely*!!!