Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I have finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, and have now moved on to Winnie-The-Pooh. :lol:

I fell in love with the Pooh books last year. :)

I've had a disappointing reading day but have managed a few pages of two of my books. Now I'm heading off to bed to hopefully try to finish Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth before I fall asleep. :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really had any book activity yet today, but I was flipping through the latest Entertainment Weekly mag I received and they had a little article on this new book coming out called A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. Has anyone else heard of this or read it already? It's out on 8 Feb here so I'm not sure if it's already been released in other parts of the world. It looks really good! :D

I fell in love with the Pooh books last year. :)

Dan Brown or Stephanie Meyers?

I'll just get me coat . . .

But before I do, I'll just tell you all I picked up a copy of Stardust this afternoon, 20% off in the going out of buisness sale in my local BBS.

I have been too busy and over tired to start a new read these past few days, but I have added to my TBR by buying a number of books for a range of reasons;

'Italian For Beginners' for my 81 year old Dad who foolishly said he was too old to learn a language. He and my Mum love Italy.

'Travels With Boogie' by Mark Wallington. This is my 2nd copy of this book ~ my Dad still has the 1st one.

'Passage' by Connie Willis. I have to stop reading the reviews of Pixie others on here.

'Everything Is Illuminated' by Jonathan Safran. See Above replacing name with Rory.

'Wounds Of Honour' by Anthony Riches. Husband bought himself a book, only to discover it was part 2.

Finally I have purchased the 4 Official Dr Who Annuals (2007/8/9 & 10). What can I say? It's my new thing.

Dan Brown or Stephanie Meyers?

mocking.gif

I finished Tales of Terror from the Tunnel's Mouth last night. Excellent read.

Today I'm planning on reading a good chunk of Riddley Walker.

I finally picked PopCo back up today and managed about 40 pages. I can't bring myself to quit reading it but I really don't have time to waste on a book my mojo is not staying alive with! I'll see how I feel tomorrow and if I'm still struggling I think I'll pick up a favorite book of mine to hopefully give myself a jumpstart.

I managed a fairly good haul from the library and the bookshop yesterday

Jayne Castle - Obsidian Prey (yay for romantic Thrilers :D ) and Jayne Anne Krentz (who is the same person ) Fire Up read them both already as they were easy reads.

Karen Rose - Don't Tell ( I blame Charm she conviced me to try a new series)

Andrew Grant - Even (taking a chance synopsis looked ok0

Barbara Nadel - A Chemical Prison I like these crime books set in Istanbul they are so different as the culture is so foreign.

Lee Child - Gone Tommorow ( I am obsessed :D )

Just picked up The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson and am really liking it so far--Fantasy novels tend to go a bit overboard sometimes and feature main characters that are difficult to relate to due to their seemingly innate prowess and perfection, but this is not the case with what I have thus seen of Mr. Sanderson's cast--we shall see how it wraps up. :)

I finished Lisa See's Shanghai Girls early this morning, and while I enjoyed the story, the ending left much to be desired. I'll be looking for a sequel as the ending just drops off practically in mid-air. /annoyed/

I'm picking up Falling Man again, hoping I can get back into the swing of it again without rereading the first 80 off pages.

Edited by pontalba

I finally finished The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe. I'm disappointed that I didn't manage to finish Riddley Walker by the end of the month. I'm still only a little over halfway through.

Just started and finished Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins after about 4 hours of frenzied reading--a very delectable Young Adult Fantasy, to be sure.

Edited by Kasei

*Cracks knuckles and relaxes!*

Wow, it's good to be back! Sooo sorry about not being on here for long. My reading Mojo disappeared, and has took a while to come back.

All hail The Hobbit for bringing it back.

So apart from the Hobbit I have read NOTHING, thanks for a vacating mojo and lack of time and ill health.

Karen Rose - Don't Tell ( I blame Charm she conviced me to try a new series)

:giggle2: If you read this and never want to read any more Karen Rose books again, I'll stop reading for a month! :P

*Cracks knuckles and relaxes!*

Wow, it's good to be back! Sooo sorry about not being on here for long. My reading Mojo disappeared, and has took a while to come back.

All hail The Hobbit for bringing it back.

So apart from the Hobbit I have read NOTHING, thanks for a vacating mojo and lack of time and ill health.

Yay! *runs and gives catwoman a huge hug* :hug: Welcome back! Big thanks to The Hobbit for bringing you and your mojo back to us! :friends3:

I've finished Nothing To Fear by Karen Rose and went straight on to You Can't Hide by her :D

Edited by Charm