• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Boy With A Moon And Star On His Head ~ Cat Stevens

LOVE that song Chrissy, in fact I just love Mr Cat Stevens fullstop! :wub:

Moon River - Andy Williams

Love this one too, Muggles :smile:

By the Light of the Silvery Moon ~ Fats Waller (now there's an oldy for ya :D )

Edited by poppy

LOVE that song Chrissy, in fact I just love Mr Cat Stevens fullstop! :wub: Love this one too, Muggles :smile: * * * * * By the Light of the Silvery Moon ~ Fats Waller (now there's an oldy for ya :D )

Light of My Life - Debby Boone

(Poppy - I love the old songs - I also loved the Musicals which we don't get to see much nowadays - talk about old, I may post a few sentneces, if any interest of an email that I sent to my GD recently {she is in Ghana now studying at the abroad campus of NYU} anyhow, I am trying to inform her a little of my history when I was younger - this particular one was an afternoon I spent with a guy that was a star in the Ziegfield Follies and played with George Burns, Eddie Cantor, etc)

Beautiful Brown Eyes - Jimmy Wakely

(yes, the same GD that wrote the poem when she was 12 or 13 - last summer she spent a month in Morrocco as a volunteer working in a children's hospital - while there she and 3 friends hired a guide and rode camels out into the Sahara and spent the night under the stars - she met a family of Nomads in the Sahara and, get this, they made tea for her)

You Are So Beautiful ~ Joe Cocker

(wow, what an amazing experience! I've just watched this really lovely film called The Weeping Camel. It's a documentary type film about the Mongolian people in the Gobi Desert and a rare white baby camel. I think you'd really enjoy it :) )