Audiobook Choice

Michelle

I'll have 2 credits on my audible account on 11th Sept, and so far I have 4 on my wishlist. Can anyone guide me to decide on which two?

• The Prince of Mist - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  • The Passage - Justin Cronin
  • The Help - Kathryn Stockett
  • Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier

In addition, I may need to buy one of these prior to this date, if I finish my current listen. Due to price, that will be either The Prince of Time or The Passage - but are either of these worth the money?! huh.gif

I've just popped over to Audible to have a look at the narrator of Rebecca, and if you're getting the unabridged version, the one I saw was read by Anna Massey. I've heard her read other books and she's a wonderful narrator. I loved the book when I read it earlier this year, so that one has to have my vote.

• 1 month later...

It's probably far too late now but I'd say go for 'The Help', it's absolutely sensationally read by the three main characters (there is a fourth narrator but only briefly.) One of the best audiobooks I've ever heard.

I did go for The Help, and indeed it was very good. :) My second choice was actually something completely different. I think I'll get Rebecca this month. :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed 'The Help' Michelle :)