Low-Brow, I Know, But It Amused Me...

Suburbanite

...taken from the BBC online website

Pigeons force Kings of Leon to abandon concert Kings of Leon recently performed on US TV show Today Rock band the Kings of Leon have been forced to end a concert early after pigeons defecated on them from the rafters of a US venue.

The rockers abandoned the gig in St Louis after three songs when bass player Jared Followill was hit in the mouth and face by pigeon droppings.

Drummer Nathan Followill later apologised to fans via Twitter, saying "it was too unsanitary to continue".

Their publicist added the band found it hard to carry on after the incident.

"Jared was hit several times during the first two songs. On the third song, when he was hit in the cheek and some of it landed near his mouth, they couldn't deal [with it] any longer," said Amy Mendelsohn.

"It's not only disgusting - it's a toxic hazard. They really tried to hang in there."

Opening acts The Postelles and The Stills had also come off stage after their sets were covered in excrement.

The Grammy-winning band are due to continue their tour in Cleveland, Ohio on Monday evening following the incident at at Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre.

They are currently promoting their fourth album, Only By The Night, and are due to visit the UK later this summer.

Nashville brothers Caleb, Nathan and Jared make up the group, along with their cousin Matthew on lead guitar.

Fans who were at the curtailed concert will be offered refunds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-10758730

Lightweights these modern rock stars. Back in the day when I had hair, I was at the Monsters of Rock festival up in Donnington. You went with your gallon container of beer, emptied it and then (if you were male), ahem, filled it again! If a band came on you didn't like, well, who's going to walk around all day with a gallon container of warm.....waste product? So it got thrown! Not pleasant I know, but I don't remember anyone on stage refusing to play because they got a little damp!