Introducing Ms Squiggles

Ms Squiggles

Hello,

My name is Ms Squiggles and... now I have absolutely no idea what to say. I've never really been any good at introducing myself online as I never know how much information to give, so you'll just have to bear with me.

Reading for me is pure escapism; it helps me relax and unwind after a long, hard day at work, as well as being an enjoyable pastime and I'm always looking for new authors to read. I read all kind of genres and don't have a specific favourite. As long as the synopsis sounds like it's something I would like then I'm up for giving it a try - whether it be a literay masterpiece, an award winning book or even good old fluffy chick-lit - I'm not a book snob and will read anything I can get my hands on that sounds enjoyable.

I am on a Book Buying Ban at the moment though, in that I'm trying to go until the end of the year before buying another book. My to-read pile is currently sitting at 469 books so I'm trying to focus on getting that number down a considerable amount before adding any more to it. I was a little sneaky before that pact came into affect though - I pre-ordered half a dozen books that are due for release throughout the latter part of the year well in advance so that technically I'm not buying them when they're released!

Anyway this place looks really rather fancy and I'm looking forward to exploring it all a little later on. In the meantime if I've missed any information out that you'd like to know, then feel free to ask away...

Hello Ms Squiggles and welcome to the new improved Book Club Forum! :) That's one huge mount TBR you have there, I'm impressed! I like how you thought ahead and pre-ordered some books, that's very cunning  :lol: Anyways, I'm glad you found us and I hope you enjoy the ride!  :cool:

Hello Ms Squiggles! Welcome to the forum :D

I am on a Book Buying Ban at the moment though, in that I'm trying to go until the end of the year before buying another book. I was a little sneaky before that pact came into affect though - I pre-ordered half a dozen books that are due for release throughout the latter part of the year well in advance so that technically I'm not buying them when they're released!

I'm trying to ban myself from buying books so I did this exact thing, not sure if preordering over 40 books due between now & January is really part of my agreement though! Oh well, never mind :lol:

I've never really been any good at introducing myself online as I never know how much information to give, so you'll just have to bear with me.

Well, that's something you'll never have to say again; your intro was great! And welcome to the forum.

I am on a Book Buying Ban at the moment though, in that I'm trying to go until the end of the year before buying another book. My to-read pile is currently sitting at 469 books so I'm trying to focus on getting that number down a considerable amount before adding any more to it. I was a little sneaky before that pact came into affect though - I pre-ordered half a dozen books that are due for release throughout the latter part of the year well in advance so that technically I'm not buying them when they're released!

Yay! I love it when people have huge TBR piles because it makes me feel better about mine. And I LOVE the fact that you pre-ordered all those books before your ban started. A woman after my own heart. biggrin.gif You're going to fit in so well here. But as you've already been warned, BCF won't do any favours for the number of books on your TBR pile.

Oh, and this forum looks fancy to us too. We just moved into our new home a day ago.

Hello and welcome, Ms Squiggles. :)

After reading about your book buying habits and the size of your TBR pile, I have one question to ask.

Are you me? :D

Hi Ms Squiggles & :welcomebcf:

I've given up banning myself from buying books it's like making a new years resolution or saying you'll only have one biscuit out of the packet it's just too hard to stick too :lol:

17.gifI'm on a bit of a book buying ban too. It's more because I'm broke than because I have too many though, I have enough to be getting on with and I have a much larger TBR pile than I did before joining the forum but compared to lots of people on here it's tiny.

Aww! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Book Buying Bans have never worked for me in the past either, but I have bought a lot this year and as such I really am determined to try and get through the next 5 months without buying any more. I really do need (and want) to get my TBR pile down a bit so that is my main priority for the time being.

I may add books I see on here to my to-buy-in-the-future list but I'm going to have to try and resist actually buying them... somehow!

Welcome to the forum Ms Squiggles. I'm afraid to say that TBR pile will not be going down, but I'm impressed nevertheless. Well, in any case, you'll love it here, hope to see you in discussion soon enough.

Reading for me is pure escapism

:D

I love that part. And lol at the BBB-preorder thing - great idea.

Welcome, and enjoy!

And yes, your tbr pile won't be getting smaller any time soon...

Hi and welcome!

Haha what a very clever idea!!:sign0142:

What are some of the books that you have on that massive TBR pile of yours? Do you have any Crime Thrillers?

Look forward to reding some of your reviews (If you decide to do any)

Oh and Good luck on that ban. You will find so many recommendations that your wishlist book will be filled by the end of the year, and and your Credit cards and Library cards witll get awfully floppy by being used so much.

Enjoy the forum and see you around.

CW!