What Was The Last Music You Bought?

chesilbeach

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumur - Seasons of the Soul, which I am really enjoying.

I have this too - stunning voice and lovely evening music to sit and read to...

I think the last album I bought was The Wind that Shakes the Barley by Loreena McKennitt - wonderful stuff if you're into Folk/World music :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it was "Child of our Time" by Tippet. I haven't listened to it yet. Keep putting it off because I think I will hate it! My choral society will be singing it next year so I thought I ought to know what it sounds like.

• 1 month later...

Just treated myself by downloading Phil Spector's Christmas Album as one of my colleagues at work (who loves Christmas as much as I do) told me it was his favourite Christmas album and I had to get it. The Ronettes, Darlene Love, The Crystals and Bob B. Soxx & The Blue Jeans with some of my favourite Christmas song. :smile2: Plus one off my wishlist, which was Joy To The World by Pink Martini. Anyone would think it was Christmas! :giggle2:

• 3 months later...

The double CD of "What about me?" - 1 Giant Leap, a great album, and Sonik Kicks Paul Wellers new and Brilliant album they have been non-stop on the ipod all week :smile:

I don't buy music often these days, but I couldn't resist buying a cheap double CD of The Rat Pack today. :)

Brilliant :) I love Sinatra and Martin especially (I'm a sucker for Rat Pack movies as well as their music :) )

A Johnny Cash CD was my latest purchase, just this morning.

Edited by Ruth

Von/Von Brigdi - which is or rather was, Sigur Ros' first recording back in 1997 and is only available now I believe via their own website. It is very different from their later stuff and much more experimental (if that is possible) - personally though I love it - can't wait for the new one on May 28th !