Help sign the petition to stop the BBC cuts.

catwoman

Ok so this was a link from the comedian Rufus Hound on my twitter a while ago.

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/BBCcuts?source=homepage#petition

Please please please can you sign the petition. It is free and will only take a few seconds.

Even if you do not like a lot of the BBCs shows or channels I think most people have at least one show or memory that would warrent a few clicks of support.

Think of all the Dr Who episodes made by the BBC, CBEEBIES and CBBC for the kids and the parents who watch alike. For all the nature docs that only Attenborough can master, or the family Sat night shows like Strictly come dancing.

How about the amazing radio shows and the new music you heard for the first time just beause of John Peel.

I hope I am not breaking any rules here. I just thought some of you not on twitter might not of heard of this issue.

Thanks

CW.

Thanks CW.

Whilst I don't always appreciate the programmes that the BBC produce, it's far and away the best network.

God forbid every channel should look like Sky 1. I'd never watch TV if it did.

A lot of the radio stations I think are going to be stopped, along with the BBC website to be cut down. and also things to do with the Iplayer. I have heard that alot of the series will also be stopped, and new shows will not be made.

There are lots of shows I can't stand, and I am not a huge TV watcher. But While I had my kids at home with me Pre school I found that some of the CBEEBIES programmes were fantastic for my kids and for an hour before betime it was lovely to have an hour in front of the Tv watching shows that other countries would be envious of.

Also after traveling alot I still find our BBC news to be by far the best. Alot of news channels around the world are so bias and judgemental that I find it hard to watch, with the BBC I find that ok there may be times where facts are not exactly right but are far better at stating the facts than other channels. For example Sky.

If I am right even though BBC funding will be cut our TV licence will stay the same, even though some politians have stated that if the funding cuts so should the TV licence.

*Edit* There does look like there could be a cut in the TV licence.

Edited by catwoman

• 2 weeks later...