Raven

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the above Spolier

The bit I didn't get was that

surely someone would have needed to fly the plane and that person would have to be alive??

Not sure if it's actually possible in real life but I think the insinuation was they could fly it with radar-control - so nobody would need to actually be in the plane.

I think I remember it was mentioned that it was a drone plane - an unmanned flight. Drone technology is already in use and has been for years, particularly in war zones and areas of unrest.

I think I remember it was mentioned that it was a drone plane - an unmanned flight. Drone technology is already in use and has been for years, particularly in war zones and areas of unrest.

That was it, couldn't remember the word they used exactly but I figured it would be something along those lines; thanks Kell. :smile2:

Unfortunately I won't be able to see the second season till it comes out on DVD. We both liked the first season. I just saw an article on the Los Angeles Times that said Brian Cumberbatch will play the villian in the new Star Trek film coming out, I guess next year.

Here is the link. http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/01/05/star-trek-sequel-meet-benedict-cumberbatch-the-villain/#/0

Slightly off-topic but I watched Cumberbatch last year in a production of Frankenstein by National Theatre Live and he was incredible. It was after his role in the first series of Sherlock and I remember being glad to see his name crop up when we were going to see it. I have to say I think he's a great actor.

Slightly off-topic but I watched Cumberbatch last year in a production of Frankenstein by National Theatre Live and he was incredible. It was after his role in the first series of Sherlock and I remember being glad to see his name crop up when we were going to see it. I have to say I think he's a great actor.

I really wanted to see him in Frankenstein, the reviews were amazing! Both Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller got awards for their performance.

Back to Sherlock, counting down the hours until Sunday :lol: Although I have to say, it saddnes me that after three weeks, the series will be done already. Way too short :(

I really wanted to see him in Frankenstein, the reviews were amazing! Both Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller got awards for their performance.

Back to Sherlock, counting down the hours until Sunday :lol: Although I have to say, it saddnes me that after three weeks, the series will be done already. Way too short :(

They were!

Ahh I know that feeling, although we should probably be grateful considering we get three hour and a half installments. :mellow:

Edited by Ben

Am practically dying for Sunday night to come round as I'm so desperate to see the next episode of this!

Am also chuffed to ribbons that Benedict Cumberbatch will be ni the next Star Trek film. *squeeeeeeeeeeeee!*

I loved it, but not quite as much as last week's episode, although I suspect that's mostly coz I loved seeing Irene Adler ruffling Sherlock's feathers a little...

I was a tad disappointed with this one, maybe because it's my favourite of the original stories. It felt a bit jumbled and messy, trying to be a bit too clever for the actual amount of plot that was there. The solution was obvious from about half an hour in, so I found having to wait another hour for them to work it out quite aggravating. I also found the guy playing Henry really annoying!

Not a patch on the first episode, for me anyway.

I loved it though not as much as the first, still great thought the accent of Russel Tovey didn't do him any favours he sounded a bit wierd. I loved the Stapelton ref though if you are familiar with the book it was a giant red herring

I loved the new episode! I think I liked the first one a bit more, but I'm slowly changing my mind on that. The thing I enjoy the most is that there's this approach to humanise Sherlock, while still keeping him completely in character.

I wonder, those who particularly loved this episode, is The Hound Of the Baskerville's your favourite (or one of your favourite) Holmes stories? For me, I was never as enamoured of that particular tale, and I wonder if I am predisposed to not enjoying it quite so much...

I wonder, those who particularly loved this episode, is The Hound Of the Baskerville's your favourite (or one of your favourite) Holmes stories? For me, I was never as enamoured of that particular tale, and I wonder if I am predisposed to not enjoying it quite so much...

I haven't read any of the 'Sherlock Holmes' novels and as I was watching this week's episode, I did wonder how much of the original text is contained within the show. Does this series generally stick close to the text?

I also had a problem with Russel Tovey's accent, it wasn't what I was expecting.

Edited by karen.d

They only use elements and the "spirit" of the originals. Eg IN The Hounds of Baskerville, obviously they kept the idea of a hound on the moors, they also kept the name Henry for the rich dude haunted by the hound. A large dog, a creature that glows in the dark and the name Stapleton were all from the book, although not exactly as portrayed in the book.