Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My book activity is very slow at the moment but I was thrilled to find an excellent Penguin copy of an Inspector Maigret book at my local Oxfam bookshop this afternoon. I'm going to start it later on this evening.

Edited by SueK

Hoping to start the third in the millennium trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest, tonight, a bit later.

About half way through Cold Heart and I was getting a bit bored until I had an 'uh-oh--there's trouble afoot' moment. Hope to finish it tomorrow as I want to see if I was right about how the story unfolds, or if I've read too much into it.

Going to the library on Monday. No one gets why I get a frisson of excitement about going to the library. Who knows what treasures I'll discover?

I try to choose at least one book by an author I've never read before, one from off the wishlist, one recommendation from someone else, a classic and a non fiction book and a CD.

I'm lucky that my local library is quite popular and well stocked, I get the feeling that the smaller libraries will closed because of the cuts.

About half way through Cold Heart and I was getting a bit bored until I had an 'uh-oh--there's trouble afoot' moment. Hope to finish it tomorrow as I want to see if I was right about how the story unfolds, or if I've read too much into it.

Going to the library on Monday. No one gets why I get a frisson of excitement about going to the library. Who knows what treasures I'll discover?

I try to choose at least one book by an author I've never read before, one from off the wishlist, one recommendation from someone else, a classic and a non fiction book and a CD.

I'm lucky that my local library is quite popular and well stocked, I get the feeling that the smaller libraries will closed because of the cuts.

I always get a thrill from going to the library, I was a saturday girl there about a million years ago and it was the best job I ever had.

I had a fantastic haul today both from the library and the Waterstones.

Library haul =

Too Close to Home -Linwood Brclay

The Affair of the Bloodstained Egg Cosy - James Anderson

B;ack Friday - Alex Kava

The Turning - Can't remember author :lol:

Waterstones

Pride and Predjudice and Zombies

The City and the City - China Mieville

August Heat

I am not sure which to start first but I love that feeling

I finished The Bell Jar by Syliva Plath. Very interesting read!

I have started The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom since I am still waiting for the library to fulfill my request for The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Finished The Razor's Edge by Somerset Maugham. This was my first Maugham, and while some parts dragged, I suppose 3/4th of it was very interesting.

Read 20 pages or so of The Book Thief this morning, hope to get it finished today before my week long trip to Manchester tomorrow, so I can start a new one on the train down :) Got around 200 pages to go, I best get to it then!

Have just over 100 pages of Moab is my Washpot left so should finish it soon.

My reading activity this week has been nonexistent, mainly due to work commitments, but Sundays were made for snuggling up with a good book and that's exactly what I plan on doing today. I just have to figure out which book to start...

What are the options?

^^That was happening to me a week or so ago.

It is sad :(

Hope your mojo will be ok in no time :)

I finally finished Ghost Children, and don't know what to read next because I don't feel like reading anything I've got at home, and am, on the other hand, extremely excited about some of the books from my tbr list, but I need to get them from the library first...And I won't be doing that in over a week... :rolleyes:

Edited by Brida

For the first time in ages I feel like my mojo's quitting on me. It's really sad.

Mine too :( Don't know if it's because it's the school holidays & I've a lot on but I haven't read anything for days.

I miss my Mojo:cry:

For the first time in ages I feel like my mojo's quitting on me. It's really sad.

What? Frankie has lost her mojo? I thought that was impossible! huh.gif

I hope everyone's mojos come back very soon. I haven't had much time to read today.

Mine too :( Don't know if it's because it's the school holidays & I've a lot on but I haven't read anything for days.

I miss my Mojo:cry:

:friends0: I bet our Mojos are having fun together, off on some tropical island. I hope they paid the trip themselves, I'm not donating any money for such evil causes!!   :irked:

Thanks Brida and Kylie, let's hope the AWOL mojos return as soon as possible. Kylie, I too thought it was impossible after such a long period of an intact Mojo&me, but stranger things have happened I guess. (I admit, I have to blame watching Bloser Australia, at least a little bit   :giggle:)

Edited by frankie

Finished Waking The Witch this morning - absolutely loved it! After a few disappointing books from some of my favourite authors, it was great to get a new book from Kelley Armstrong and for it to be as good as her earlier ones :smile2:

Oh so glad to hear this, I may have to order it soon ;)

I'm halfway through my current read and plan to get some more read today. :)