Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

Kylie - what did you think of the Hinton? I so enjoyed the Outsiders :D.

I loved it Peace! It was so sad in places but very good.

They're not conflicting versions as far as I can tell. I believe Stephen's only read Book 1 of Hitchhiker's, while Martin Freeman narrates the other four (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe; Life, The Universe and Everything; So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish and Mostly Harmless). Both are brilliant and come highly recommended by me :) Stephen's Harry Potter audiobooks are also stupidly good, so much so I have a mind to get him to read me Books 6 & 7, which I could never finish in book format.

Thanks for clearing that up. :) I think I'll try the HP audio books first.

I have just finished The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. I really enjoyed it :wub:

So glad you liked it Kate! I thought it was excellent too.

I've read around 130 pages of Checkmate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I finihsed Tempted (House of the night book 6) by P.C & Kirstin Cast.

Wow! What an ending.I thought the book was OK. But such a page turner at the end, can't believe the ending! I instantly reserved the next one I have to know what happens.

As for the next book I am going to read, hmm, I'm not sure I have a few from the library I must read. I might start the first Jo Nesbo book.

**Edit*** I noticed that it is my first year anniversary on BCF. Happy BCF to me, happy BCF to me......:hbsign:

Edited by catwoman

I have just finished The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. I really enjoyed it :wub:

I loved this Kate, it is an unusual little book, isn't it?

Dan Brown's 'The Lost Symbol' arrived yesterday. OH is heading off for 11 days on a business trip, so this will go with him. So long as it's as readable 'sh as his previous books, we should be ok. Hubby wants a distracting rather than a demanding book for his travels. :)

As the summmer holidays have started I'm going to have to pace myself through the Notes from an exhibition. 3 chapters a day means I will finish it by the end of the week. It's going ok so far, after 3 chapters I didn't expect to be hooked, there has been some time changes which did confuse me a tiny bit as it wasn't clear. I am enjoying it though.

Started 'The Woman in Black' by Susan Hill last night, I am enjoying it :)

I noticed it on your FB feed, the cover looks great and for some reason the title rings a bell. I think I need to google the title to see what it's all about. 

My own book activities are scarce, I was in the chat room til 1 AM or so and when I went to bed with a book I immediately dozed off  :blush:

^^lol

I've started Ghost Children by Sue Townsend, it seems very good.

Different from what I expected, but in a good way :)

Trying to move on with TBT too.

I loved this Kate, it is an unusual little book, isn't it?

Dan Brown's 'The Lost Symbol' arrived yesterday. OH is heading off for 11 days on a business trip, so this will go with him. So long as it's as readable 'sh as his previous books, we should be ok. Hubby wants a distracting rather than a demanding book for his travels. :)

I found it to pass the time. If you look at the book like that, he will think it is Ok. Not as good as the Da Vinci code, but did the job on a flight.

I did no reading yesterday after I found the forum was back up and running blush.gif

Today, however, I'm off to carry on with Linger as it's crying out for attention

Gah!!! I can't wait for your review! I have this on my wishlist.

I have decided to read The Devils Star by Jo Nesbo. Not read any of it yet, but the blurb has captivated me already... Bring it On!!!!

I loved it Peace! It was so sad in places but very good.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Outsiders, Kylie! :smile2: Have you seen the film? If you ever decide to read more Hinton, I really loved That Was Then, This is Now.

I read a bit more of Topics yesterday (between time spent on here, lol) but was out last night so didn't get any more in. Hopefully I'll get a bit more in today as I'd love to finish it before my vacation, since I've already got 2 books in my head that I'll be taking with me.

I finished The Chalk Circle man by Fred vargas which I have read before and loved, now trying to decide what to read next I might either carry on reading Vampire Apocalypse or start something new....hmmm decisions decisions

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Outsiders, Kylie! :smile2: Have you seen the film? If you ever decide to read more Hinton, I really loved That Was Then, This is Now.

I haven't seen the movie, but I'll definitely be looking out for it. It certainly has a lot of big names in it!

I think I saw That Was Then, This is Now in a bookshop recently. Not sure why I didn't buy it...

I tried listening to/reading a bit of a Tenth Doctor New Adventure Series novel, but it really wasn't much cop. And there's something cringeworthy about David Tennant reading a book written by someone who is clearly a fangirl of his. So now I'm reading an Eighth Doctor adventure, Father Time by Lance Parkin. It's supposed to be pretty good.

I've recently finished The Legacy by Katherine Webb, which I had trouble getting into but was a really good read once I did. I then read The Mist in the Mirror by Susan Hill, which was a massive disappointment after the thrill that was The Woman in Black. Now I'm reading The Mother's Tale by Camilla Noli, which has shocked me so far.

I thought Dead in the Family was pretty slow too, although I liked it a lot more than some of the other later books.

I've read a few more chapters of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. About to go in the bath and read some more :D

Oh dear Charm. I like the Sookie books but I don't love them. I hope I'll still enjoy Dead in the Family.

I hope so too Lucybird, I'm sure it'll pick up. I should have really read the previous ones beforehand to refresh my memory, I keep having to ask myself who she's referring to when she talks about more obscure characters! :blush:

I thought Dead in the Family was pretty slow too, although I liked it a lot more than some of the other later books.

I know some of the later ones were a bit slower too so that's good to know ;)

Edited by Charm