Torchwood

Michelle

Now! last night's episode what well worth watching. I really enjoyed that one and the tension was quite brilliant with the worried faces of the government and Torchwood team etc. Tonight should be quite an explosive ending. Pity I shall have to catch up with it on iPlayer as I won't be in at 9 pm.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can stay up that late it's on BBC3 at 12.15am ;) I'll be watching it then myself!

Loved last night's episode - well, apart from the obvious bit :D

I'm getting concerned that the resolution to this series isn't going to live up to the promise of the last four nights.

If they pull some "magic box" get out, or throw a reset switch, it's going to be very annoying!

Me too - will be extremely unrealistic to 'reset', even for Torchwood!

If you can stay up that late it's on BBC3 at 12.15am :lol: I'll be watching it then myself!

Ooh yes, forgot that. If I can keep awake (loads of black coffee) then I will watch it then.

I'm beginning to wonder if tonight's episode may be the last.

Given the ratings it is getting I would be surprised, but a lot of things about it have a bit of a terminal feel to them (both in front of and behind the camera).

I'm beginning to wonder if tonight's episode may be the last.

Given the ratings it is getting I would be surprised, but a lot of things about it have a bit of a terminal feel to them (both in front of and behind the camera).

I have been thinking the exact same thing Raven - it's not looking good! I really really hope tonights episode is not the last :lol:. Torchwood is brilliant and I'm a big fan.

I'm just catching up with Thursday's episode, and all I can say is OMG!

This really is a spoiler!:

I can't believe how emotional I have been.. the bit where they made the choices about the children was so callous, Ianto's death was horrible, but even worse were the poor people in Thames House.

I'm also worried about the resolution - and I agree that there may be no more Torchwood. :lol:

I've just read a quote from RTD - from the press screening of episode one - where he said that series 4 is already lined up and it would be a return to the 13 x 45 minute format (though that was dependant on viewing figures).

Of course RTD isn't above bluffing the press, and the success of the new format so far could provoke an about turn on the 13 x 45 minute episode format.

I have been thinking the exact same thing Raven - it's not looking good! I really really hope tonights episode is not the last :lol:. Torchwood is brilliant and I'm a big fan.

That would be awful if there was no more Torchwood but as peopel are saying and the way the story line is going it is look that way.:D:lol:

I hope there will be more Torchwood. This series has been (so far) one of the best things I've seen on TV for a long time.

Maybe I've just seen too much sci-fi, but I'm not convinced that

Ianto is actually dead. I'm still expecting there to be some sort of get-out clause.

I don't particularly like Ianto, but I felt sorry for him when he told Jack he loved him, and Jack never said it back to him. Aww.

As Michelle said, the way they chose the children was chilling. I pretty much expected them to head for the nearest council estate, and I wasn't far wrong! I also expected their own kids to be exempt. What's the betting that Jack's grandson will be handed over?

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to tonight!

I enjoyed it and the ending was very typical Jack,

I said to my husband, 'I can't believe he is just disappearing again' but there was reasons.

There was so many sad scenes, poor Ianto, the children selection, it was so callous wasn't it? and very upsetting.

The worst part for me was the scene with John Frobisher and his family, it was heartbreaking.

I found that brilliant, compelling, exciting, thought-provoking, scary, disturbing, upsetting and sickening. I thought the whole five parts were excellent, but I spent most of the final episode either in tears or trying not to cry. :lol:

I was in tears when Frobisher went back to his house. I thought it was extremely well done and affecting that we see the girls playing happily in their room, before Frobisher walks in with the gun behind his back and closes the door (thank god he closed the door). It was bad enough to hear the three shots, a slight pause and then the fourth. It was terrible, but he was really doing the right thing, saving them from what he knew would happen to them, but it was made all the worse when it turned it he needn't have done it! :D

I'm not really sure why his daughters were going to be taken anyway. Yes, I get the propaganda bit where he had to be seen to be setting an example, but why couldn't his kids have been taken to the collection point and then spirited away? Or was the PM just being a b*****d?

The other terrible bit was of course what happened to Jack's grandson Stephen. We already know that Jack can be a cold-hearted :lol: and make very hard decisions, but still... Yes, logic argues that one child should be sacrificed to save the lives of millions, but you wouldn't be thinking that if it were your child!

I didn't like the acting of the woman playing Stephen's mum. Why did she always look like she was laughing or smiling, even in the serious bits?

I thought the solution was found a bit quickly and easily.

And I was very wrong about Ianto...

Looking at this ending, I would say more Torchwood is unlikely.

All in all though, I did think it was excellent.

Mia, I agree with everything you have just said! :lol:

Kenny, Torchwood has never really been for children, or even teens.. but this one particularly so. Yes, it had aliens, but the real horror was within the actions of humans.. and even Jack.

Going by that ending, I can't see Torchwood coming back. Tennant is leaving Dr Who, and RTD is handing it over. I think he's now shutting the door firmly on Torchwood too. :lol:

I was dissapointed with this 5 part Torchwood. I just thought it was borring at some points. :lol:

I just dont get it, my children used to watch Dr Who in the 70's and 80's but my Grandchildren just think Torchwood is a load of rubbish.

Kenny, Torchwood has never really been for children, or even teens.. but this one particularly so. Yes, it had aliens, but the real horror was within the actions of humans.. and even Jack.

Yet Robbie (13) thoroughly enjoyed every second of it! I've never seen him so quiet whilst he was watching it! :lol: